• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How often do you buy a new disc?

When I see a good deal on something I want or like to throw. I bought a couple of ESP Flashes at a PIAS last week. Other than that, haven't bought anything for myself in at least 6 months. Now, the 200+ discs I bought for my tourney last weekend, that was something different altogether...

I really slowed myself down this year. Having a new baby/first child will do that. The only way I was buying was if I sold something first. I do more trading than anything. The last brand new disc I bought was a 12x opaque patent numbers Eagle l. The next two will be a eagle x and a thunderbird. Maybe. I should probably put a teebird in my bag but meh. I like how my bag is and I know I can find gently used discs in my molds of choice. Trading is getting harder because I am getting low on bait. Buying is gonna be tough because baby numero dos will be here in May.

When I see a good deal on something I want or like to throw. I bought a couple of ESP Flashes at a PIAS last week. Other than that, haven't bought anything for myself in at least 6 months. Now, the 200+ discs I bought for my tourney last weekend, that was something different altogether...

Yes, quoting myself. Because I just got online and bought 5 discs. Couldn't resist. :eek: :D

I had been good for a while now....stupid black Friday discounts...couldn't resist the temptation.

...way too often. But i am pretty happy with the way it´s closing down. 6 month ago i bought stuff on a monthly basis. Now that i have a general bag-setup, i limit my shopping sprees to a minimum.
Also selling some discs in the last month felt good.

Last two months:

Bought: 9, donated 3 of them.
Sold: 4

Last edited:
The amount of disc only gets worse if you start playing tourney's and are cashing. I have around 150 disc and probably a fourth of them are from winnings. In reality though you bought those too, you just played a couple of rounds of disc golf before buying them. My wife said quit bringing home more disc and bring home some cash. ahhhh if it were that easy.

I currently carry around 20 discs, but really only throw maybe 8-10. I dont carry numerous discs of any one mold other than a new dx roc and a beat in one.

I would say on average i buy a disc a month. I throw it for a round or two, and if i dont like it i sell it back on here or fleabay and then reinvest in something else.

Current line up -
Katana, Buzz, Renegade, Escape, Volt, Saint Pro, Hatchet, River, Roc x2, Roc3, Buzz ss, Buzzz, yeti pro aviar, neutron ion, wizard.

Will be buying shortly:
Resistor, firebird (to compete with saint pro and make a choice) anode,

No way! I have at least 15 that have been retired after serving for several months and loosing stability. Gotta carry at least 2-3 per round, have 10 or more for the practice squad, and acquire plenty of backups.

I only bag two, Driving Wizard and my go to Putter. Part of my issue is i love the 4S and they don't make them anymore. So anytime i see one or multiples they get bought. I get to the point where i feel like if i touch a wizard i buy it. If i walk into PIAS and they have a wizard for 6.99 i buy it knowing i will never need it. But my backyard is the equivalent of a football field so i use it to drive putters and mids all day. So that is what i have most of. Buzz and Wizards i am a sucker for.

I only bag two, Driving Wizard and my go to Putter. Part of my issue is i love the 4S and they don't make them anymore. So anytime i see one or multiples they get bought. I get to the point where i feel like if i touch a wizard i buy it. If i walk into PIAS and they have a wizard for 6.99 i buy it knowing i will never need it. But my backyard is the equivalent of a football field so i use it to drive putters and mids all day. So that is what i have most of. Buzz and Wizards i am a sucker for.

That sounds about right. The goal is to get enough Wizards to fill an entire basket. I want putting practice to stop only because the bucket is so full of plastic, there's no way to make any more putts!