• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Often Do You Lose a Disc?

esc1

Eagle Member
Just wondering how often others lose plastic(or rubber for you Vibram throwers). I managed all year without losing one and then lost two this week. It's a bit funny but not because I lost two last year and they were in the same week as well. :doh:

Only lost one this year but I don't have many chances to play courses where losing one is easy. Lost this years disc to tall grass where I couldn't see the final cut into the grass over a hill. Oh well it could be worse, i'm sure there are many more lost than that.

I was really good at finding my discs in the New England woods the last few years. Most of my lost discs were lost under water.

My new home course in VA is much more open and grassy, so I figured losing discs would be nearly impossible. I was wrong. I've been losing them much faster than ever before. Lately it seems I always walk off the course with a lighter load than I started. Bigger throws, fewer landmarks and tall grasses are not a good combination...

Normally, i'll lose about one a year, but this year i've lost 3, but got calls on all 3 and got 2 back, the other I told the guy to keep it. The 2 I got back I didn't really lose, I neglected to pick them up after throwing my shot.

I will keep looking until I find my disc, but i'm sure i would lose more if we had more water holes around here.

I'm more likely to leave a disc behind than lose it in play. Most of the time I don't even realize it until I go to play the next round

To freaking often.... I had been having good luck this year so far then I lost three rocs and a shark 3 in a month

This is almost completely dependent on where you play, with a secondary factor of whether you throw multiple drives on the same hole.

I once went many years, only losing 1 disc---lost using the multiple-drive maneuver while practicing.

Nowadays, I play a lot of rounds on a course when I regularly lose discs. I currently have 3 on my I've-not-given-up-yet-search-list. I once lost 3 discs on the first 6 holes, and figured I was on pace to finish with 2 discs in my bag, a bit curious as to which 2 would be the survivors.

Last year I lost two, a Krait and a Starfire, so far this year (knock on wood) I haven't lost one yet.

I generally lose one or two a year. I have been leaving them behind like it's my job this year. I think I've left at least one a month on the course. It's my fault for throwing a bunch of multiples.

Too often. It usually comes in waves. I'll go a year without losing any. And then I've lost 3 or 4 in the last couple months.

Very rarely. I used to lose a lot more when I was playing a lot of new courses and didn't know about hidden water, OB, etc. The last few years I've mostly been playing familiar courses and I almost never lose discs.

I'm averaging almost one per month. Lost 33 since I started less than 3 years ago. My favorite way to lose a disc is to throw it in the water. My least favorite is to forget to pick one up. Out of 33 I've gotten one call.

I've lost 4 in the last 2 months on a course. Two in a field in NH when I went camping, and one mini. One disc was dropped in the lost and found (allegedly) and then swiped before I could get there to pick it up (the next day). One other was returned in person and others are still at large. 7 discs if you count the one I just realized was missing from my backup stack, and have no idea when or where it went missing.

People always ask me why all my discs are pink. Then I ask them why they like losing discs. I lose one or two a year but always get them back. The guys at my home course always return discs when they find them.

Increase in distance has led to many more lost discs. The ones that you absolutely know where they landed, but still can't find, are the worst.

I lost one disc this season at Granite Ridge at Highbridge, a Z Crank, I was too drunk to track the throw though so that doesn't count. Other than that, I had two tee shots stolen last year, a Z Surge on hole 15 at Acorn Park and a SP Hurricane on hole 7 at Central Park. I love blind holes but I hate the people that camp out on them to poach discs. I am a stubborn person so 99.9℅ of the time, I recover my errant discs.

Latest posts