• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Often Do You Lose a Disc?

I lose about 2 to 3 a year. I lost 2 in 1 round into water last week. I hope that was my quota for the year.

In the fall/winter, rarely.
In the spring/summer (ticks, snakes, poison ivy, thick rough) maybe two or three a month.

I would say I average 3 or 4 lost discs a year and usually get 1 or 2 of those returned to me.

Main course has water that comes into play on 4 holes and one blind drive that can be tricky to find discs if you get a little off course. I've probably lost 5 discs on that course this year, then another 2 during a tournament at fountain hills... 95% of what I've lost has ended up in water.

I lose about 1 every two months, and my home courses have ponds/creek. I am a fairly conservative player when it comes to all OB. That said, I tend to lose them in clusters. 4 or 5 months no lost discs, then 2 or 3 in a month...

One in four lost discs usually make it back to me.

i have only lost two this year so far, both into lakes. one happened to be my "old ****ty disc that i dont care about going into a lake if it does go into a lake" disc so it served its exact purpose. there arent enough courses near me where losing a disc is highly likely, i usually end up finding them all.

Usually 1-2 discs per year for me over the course of nearly 5 years. Let's see, Aviar, Shark, Viking, Apache, Illusion, Wizard, Wizard, Obex. That might be it.

Not often but it comes in waves. I've probably lost 6 in four years most within weeks of one another.

The courses I play eat a lot of Discs - Delaveaga, Aptos High School, Pinto Lake and Black Mouse in the Santa Cruz area, all have some nasty boundaries, with lots of places for the Disc to hide. My loose rate is so, so much lower than it once was, but it usually happens in waves, just like the guy above. I hadn't lost any discs for months, and then lost both my drives on hole 17 Aptos, which is a blind shot over tons of brush to a tee on a side slope that goes into a mass of bushes. If your disc rolls, you have a really hard time finding that thing. But I also loose discs a lot when I play with one of my friends on weekends, cuz you know we are impaired sometimes. So I tend to loose discs from forgetting I threw that second drive, or even leaving my putter in the basket as well :p

One every 3 months. I've gotten all but one (14/15) back, so I believe in the honor system amongst fellow disc golfers. I've returned all but one (11/12), but am still contacting the discs owner.

Use to lose discs all the time. Now not so much (I wanna say it's been a year and half). Mostly gotten better at watching where they land but just better in general. Spend a lot more time in the fairway than in the rough now

It depends on which course I play. My two favorite courses, I don't lose discs ever because there is not much water or thick stuff. My third favorite has a ton of water, so the percentages are higher. There it is maybe once or twice a month, but I break even because I find one or two unmarked discs a month, which in turn become my water discs.

Usually a couple a year. Last year I lost the most since I started.

Haven't lost anything in a while now.
Last was an 11X Eagle, and I was so ashamed of the throw, I just left in in the lake and walked away. I hate it when I get dumb, its not like I'm new. :doh:

For some reason I only lose them on one course. And I pretty much only lose orange ones there. It's a private course, so the guy who runs it takes pride on returning every disc that's lost there. I've given up on searching for four discs there. None of them has come back. I've lost two there this year. One last October. Before that I hadn't lost a disc in about three years.

I've probably lost about 6-8 this year. Occasionally, I lose two on a back to back throws.

I travel quite a bit and like to try new courses along the way. I lost my favorite driver the other day on a new course when the disc faded into a brush-filled gully that I didn't realize was left of the basket. On familiar courses I am much less likely to lose discs, and might go a year or more without a loss. But when trying brand new courses it seems like the likelihood is much higher...

Overall I average 3-4 lost discs per year.

Latest posts