• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how old is to old for a putter

shane8002

Bogey Member
How beat is to much? Just wondering peoples thoughts on how long you can use a beat putter. Seems like after awhile u can't drive or throw upshots without the putter turning hard. Anybody here throw old or beat putters?

I love having a beat to hell putter in the bag. If you start with a nice stable putter like a bb aviar or wizard, a really beat one will have a nice amount of turn without getting squirrelly. Lots of older players have putters in their bags that have been used for a decade, it's pretty hard to beat a putter so much that it's unusable.

No such thing as too beat unless it's cracked. A lot of top pros throw old thrashed putters that would fly like paper plates for the average golfer. I love a destroyed wizard.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
I think that putters last much longer than any other disc. At some point, a driver or a mid might get way too beat to use successfully. Putters just age like wine.

Its too old when it breaks, otherwise, never. Any anny at 200' or less will tell you that.

I use Ions, so I assume I'll be using the same 2 discs for putting as long as I am able to play.

haha, cool thread topic! Personally, I could really use a super beat putter that will anny as if by remote control and have all the good history that comes with a really old putter. Will be checking back to read the stories of peeps' old and trusty putters!

I was just thinking about this the other day after seeing somebody playing with some beat -to-sh*t putters... I'd say probably the more beat the better, since all that thrashing means 'feel experience' with it. My main putter (DX XD) is fairly beat up, and really flexible... I love the feel of it.

I talked to some guy one time who bought new putters and left them outside in his back yard for a month or two before even throwing them. He said he only liked them when they beat in

aj

I can throw my beat Magnet 200-220' tops on a hyzer line but I can put with it all day ... super beat and super glidey. Work that nose angle and you can get all kinds of fade out of a beat putter.

I talked to some guy one time who bought new putters and left them outside in his back yard for a month or two before even throwing them. He said he only liked them when they beat in

I've heard that Climo keeps his KC Pro Aviars in his practice basket outside for a minimum of a year before taking them out to the course.

I know a man with a Gumbputt from 1984 that he still uses all the time. He also has an 86 Softie that he uses... as a driver. It's from 1993.

Both are thrashed. Both are fantastic.