• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How would you play this hole?

austinpetz

Bogey Member
Please list throwing style (RH,LH,FH,BH) and approximate distance per throw.
The hole is right in the center, down the second hill.

Attachments

• 5ec322b8.jpg
    5ec322b8.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 441
If the hole is where I think it is I'd send the boss RHBH out close right of the first tree and let it glide out. If its more to the left of where I think it is I'd throw FH surge to the left of the tree and let it glide out.

Might help to mention it's 508' to the pin.
Prolly an R-Pro Boss or Blizz Tee Devil RHBH.
Then Buzzz or other mid, depending on the lie and line to the pin.
Challenger for and upshot if needed, finish with an APX.

What do I win?

Last edited:
RHBH
With a pretty straight disc, throw an anhyzer that goes to the right of the center tree, then about 50' past that starts fading back to the hole. It's downhill enough I'd be trying to drive the pin.

Last edited:
rhbh esp xl straight, rhbh soft focus to the pin, drop in putt'r

I saw RUSSELL posted and just knew: an XL and a Soft Focus would be involved.
It's just nice to know there are some things you can count on in this world! :)

rhoh, tomahawk my monarch as hard as I could to get it planted right after that big tree. unless it's closer than it appears, then I'd throw the same shot just less effort xD

How would you get it low over the valley and still over the hill?

There's a gap with no ceiling; you don't need to get it low over the valley. I'd be aiming (height-wise) at the widest branch on the tree in the middle (slightly left) of the fairway.

does wind factor into this hole very much? e.g. does there tend to be a certain crosswind or headwind most of the time?

Assuming no wind, I might throw a valk or something straight-ish that could hold a skinny hyzer and not fade too hard. Taking the gap on the right side.

*beginner RHBH with a wimpy arm and no run up yet*

two 250' drives with CH 153 leopard, then a 3' putt with R-Pro 172 Dart

would you throw nose down or just flat?

Nose down. The hill is down-hill enough that you can throw it in a downward trajectory as well.

I thought this hole was one of the straightforward holes at WW; grip it and rip it. Can you give more information about the trouble you're having with it?

No wind, Opto Striker straight up the gut. Tail wind, Opto Striker straight up the gut. Head wind, a nicely tuned ESP Force straight up the gut.

Im throwing way to high... well i guess its about parallel to where the tee pad is, but it ends up too high over the valley.