• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Hydra

sgamerp

Thanks, Dad
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Anyone ever use one? I have been playing a course on my lunch break with water and after chucking a Avair in the water and not wanting to jump in and get it. I got an R-Pro Hydra and figured I'd give it a try. It seems kind of like a mix between an Avair and a Rhyno when touching it but haven't thrown it. Hope i didn't waste my money on this buy.

Yes, I have one. I actually use it for drives more than putting. Obviously, it's not for long distances, but I used it to get over my water insecurities. I'm not to big a fan of it for putting, although I do like the feel of it. But if I'm looking to get through a real tight carry, or a drive over water it's a good disc. I would recommend practicing with it, so you know what it will do. I can usually drive mine about 210-225ft. It's also a little more forgiving if you happen to kiss a tree. ...a little more forgiving. ;)

It is one of my most used discs though. I hope that helps!

I use my Hydra all the time.... I use it for mid-range/approaches. To me, it flies like a traditional frisbee for my old dog.... So I like it. Spike hyzers well too (sometimes into the basket). So its my go to disc on almost every hole. Others are always surprised I use it, but that just works for me I guess.....

I use my 175g R Pro Hydra every time I play. I use it to putt with and to drive with on hole 200ft or less. I have two ace with the disc...

i also just purchased one from the marketplace here for what seemed like a good price its a 175 pro...im interested in trying it out

I lost my Hydra in a pond. But I shanked the shot so horribly that it came in nearly vertical... I think it stuck in the mud.

so how is the hydra suppose to work...does it have to land flat on the water or if it goes in vertical ^^but not all the way down to the mud should it pop back to the surface?

I've splashed down in water hard, and it came back up to the surface. Taunting me as it floated just out of my reach. I had to wait for it to float to shore, but I got it back! ;)

so how is the hydra suppose to work...does it have to land flat on the water or if it goes in vertical ^^but not all the way down to the mud should it pop back to the surface?

Unless it gets stuck in the mud, it will come back up no matter how it goes in. I just got unlucky.

I use a Hydra and it is a good niche disc but a horrid jack of all trades. I'll use it for long putter shots, put some hyzer on it and watch it drop when it runs out of stream. I don't have to worry about it flipping up and gliding past the basket, nor will it be too overstable and skip. For pure distance I can easily get more out of my Voodoo.

And I pretty much use it for that one shot, but it saves me a lot of bogeys. Something about a shot being long for a putter but too short for a solid mid-range throw has given me trouble in the past.

i used it for putting it seems nice. i think it will defiantly do what I want it to do.

Hydra is a great stable short disc, especially if after the Hyzer you want the disc to stick and not go anywhere. Gread disc for down hill shots to baskets with trouble beyond. Looks wierd though, thin in the center then thicker as you move out to what must be one of the thicker (plastic thickness) rimmed discs out there.

Would be a great disc for #17 at the USDGC, in fact, I might use it tomorrow in Am Doubles there.

Latest posts