• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I-5 @ DeLaveaga!

Dude, what?! You hauled around a VHS camcorder for 120 holes??!! Glorious. :thmbup:

I could have worded that better. I recorded my walk from beginning to end of the course, so I got the whole course. It was a 27-holer in those days. Includes all the iconic ones as they existed 20 years ago.

One of these days I'm going to digitize all my 1990's DG footage. This also includes two final-9's of DGLO including Climo and Stokely in both years, plus the Rico brothers, Ron Russell, Shawn Sinclair, Mike Moser. I also have footage of Climo freestyling at the 2000 worlds with some others. Jim Kenner might have been involved with that. I remember telling him the the "C" on my Cubs hat actually stood for "Comet" and I got a smile out of him.

I also have footage of myself as a 19-year-old throwing spectacularly horribly in 1992 years before I ever encountered somebody who knew what they were doing. I think I threw my Wham-O Guts Frisbee farther than my Stingray, Roc and Aviar.

I'd watch those vids.

I played MA2 a couple years ago for masters and a lot of folks were throwing a putter or forehand off the tee then a tall flick or thumber over the trees to go for the circle. I tried it once and got a 4. Not bad for me. I think I've only ever 3'd it a couple of times. Usually 4s and 5s.

Latest posts