• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I dub thee Treeslayer!

AKormendi

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So I was playing at Hanson Hills in Grayling, MI yesterday on my way back from the north, and threw a drive down one of that awesome course's many huge downhill shots. The shot went off the fairway to the right and ended up in a stand of a bunch of dead trees. Of course, it collided with one, but rather than ricocheting off to the side horribly, it knocked the whole tree down!

Now this tree was only a couple inches thick, and had been long long dead, but it was also at least 15' tall and looked plenty sturdy until it dropped. Anyway, I'm not normally the type to damage courses, and would normally not want to modify the terrain in such a manner, but that felt awesome.

Anyway, today, I'm gonna take a sharpie and write "I dub thee Treeslayer" on my Cyclone (it wasn't even a T-bone) that hit the tree, in hopes that the rest of those woody jerks learn to fear the disc and get out of the way.

That is quite an accomplishment. I've got a few funny tree stories myself, but this one will be hard to top.

Cool. Usually the trees win, in the eternal war of discs vs trees.

Well done, sir.

There's a tree on my home course known as "The Ugly Tree". The thing is 90% dead, and blocks what would otherwise be a prime landing zone for a really tight tunnel shot off the tee of a par 4. I nailed that thing once so hard with a Destroyer that I knocked it's most obstructive branch (a couple inches thick) right off. Killed my score, but overall I was happy with how that hole went, and so were the guys I was playing with!

at an attempt to hijack this thread :thmbup: my buddy knocked over a basket with a deadly putt!

313026_201177576615765_100001705729482_527204_1521380300_n.jpg

I was playing this mornin` and thew a Gazelle it hit a tree about 6 inches thick and cut it clean in half!!

BEAT THAT!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts