• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] I finally bought a Buzzz and <gulp> replaced my Rocs!

i must admit...i too have finally broken down and replaced my roc...the buzzz fits better in my hand, i can throw them both the same distance and on the same lines but i really like the feel of elite-Z plastic and dont have the cash for a champion roc...ive just never been a fan of kc or dx and i dont like star rocs...

so yeah yeah, my sn is XxInnovaxX, but i throw a discraft putter and midrange....but hey, all but 1 of my drivers are innova:)

so what is the best plastic for the roc. I love my esp buzzz over my classic roc but that is the only plastic I have thrown the roc in. Is the star only a special ed. disc?

I believe that champ and star Rocs are only special ed discs...there is currently a 20 year anniversary out in star plastic that's pretty nice...

i must admit...i too have finally broken down and replaced my roc...the buzzz fits better in my hand, i can throw them both the same distance and on the same lines but i really like the feel of elite-Z plastic and dont have the cash for a champion roc...ive just never been a fan of kc or dx and i dont like star rocs...

so yeah yeah, my sn is XxInnovaxX, but i throw a discraft putter and midrange....but hey, all but 1 of my drivers are innova:)

Is that 1 driver a Surge and do you tee of with it more than 60% of the time???

Uh oh. Mambrose and XxInnovaxX have jumped aboard the Buzzz train. Gettin' a bit nippy down here in hell.

I spent a bit of time today looking for a Wraith that got away from me. After 30 minutes I found her. It was a poor choice for the throw and yellow isn't the best color to hunt down with the schule getting all golden up here. My bad. But I kept looking cuz I like the disc. My good.

Meanwhile..I came upon a Rancho Roc in the vicinity. No name or number. I put it back in the brush and left it for dead.

The Buzzz rules.

So your new name is XxIncrapxX.

I used to throw a buzzz a lot, but have since moved on to a dro and a coyote, and have never been regreted it. I like the rocs and the buzzz, but the star cro owns all

Is that 1 driver a Surge and do you tee of with it more than 60% of the time???

nope...avenger ss...my favorite turnover disc ever, its a great disc..i mainly use it for long turnovers, but it also works great for a long s curve...but it also works great for a short turnover shots too...once it turns over it just sits there and floats all day long...i love watching it fly

btw, i didnt buy it, i found it:) greatest disc ive ever found...now im looking for an avenger or surge/surge ss...owned both back when i didnt know jack sh!t about dg and figured since i like this one soo much i would try em out again

I went from Roc to Buzzz to Nebula. Still Nebula for me. Then I went from Nasty to Nas, to Nas to Escobar.

Nope, but I know which one I carry.

The element is a good turnover mid, should not be compared to the buzzz because they are 2 totally different discs. You should carry both :)

What about the Wasp? Is the stability of it too much for Buzzz fans?
It looks cool

I carry 3 buzzz, and 1 wasp in my bag at all times.

CryZtal Buzzz for turnover
Z Buzzz for straight flights
ESP FLX is my trusty beat in buzzz that seems to be just slightly more overstable than the ZBuzzz

ESP Wasp for S curves and long straight flights with nice fade
The wasp really isn't an overstable mid, it just has more fade than a buzzz. I turn my wasp over quite a lot if I put too much power on then

Ah they are all awful. Pooey on the Roc and the Buzz. Go Cro!

I've got an ace with a cro, but I still don't keep it in my bag. They say the cro is overstable, but I say that's bullhonkey. With any power on the cro it just turns over and dives, with a little finesse it flies nice and straight but I'd rather just use a wizard and get the same distance as a cro.

since I'm mentioning a lot of mids. two other mids come to mind that I think everyone should try.
Ching Legacy is a BEAUTIFUL disc. Great for straight gliding shots, anhyzers, hyzer flips. Also the Lattitude 64 Core is great for these things as well. It can be made to do straight shots and has some fade at the end, but when power is put on this disc it will turn over like my CryZtal Buzzz