• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

i need a putter to drive with

andrewkh

Par Member
I am looking for a good putter to use as a driver. i currently putt with soft x challengers and when i use them for drives they either turnover or i have to hyzer them so hard to keep them from flipping, that they don't end up what i want them to do. i have tried banger gt's and ringers but they tend to be a bit flippy too. also, i have tried pigs and i liked how they threw but couldn't quite get the distance i was getting out of the challengers, bangers, or ringers. so can anyone tell me of a putter that is overstable like a pig but a little faster like a challenger?????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I use a FLX challenger and cryztal challenger when i need a putter driver. Only flips if I really rip it on a slight hyzer. Most predictable putter I have thrown though. Challengers are pretty overstable. Your disc is probably beat in really well. Try the flx or cryztal.

I don't know much about the challengers, but I drive with a JK pro Aviar. It is the Big Bead (Aviar Driver) mold. It has held up really well to hitting trees even though it is soft plastic.

you want an ion. fast fast fast, holds whatever line you put on it and likes to land flat.

how far out are you getting your putters?

I second the Ion and currentrly switch between that and the wizard.

Work on getting a clean release (less OAT) with the Challenger. They are just fine as driving putters, you really shouldn't need anything more overstable for straight straight putter drives. Possibly try a stiffer one.

No XD love here? I used mine off the tee, and as a short mid. Then I dropped it from my bag, but I do really like it, and just tonight bought another, so it'll likely be going back in the bag soon.

-soft wizard is a great way to go
-12X KC pro aviar is my favorite putter to drive with and it is very stable for a putter
-also a classic roc is another option. they drive great, are pretty stable and are faster than the other two

i can drive a challenger about 250, maybe a bit farther, but when i try to go farther thats when they really start getting flippy.

I haven't been to the course yet, but I threw my new Ridge in the field next door today... I will drive with it often. My new VP has zero glide... I'm sure it will work well in the wind.

In the past, I have driven with, and gotten good results from my pro Rhyno.

(looked up what plastics are available)

Pro-D or FLX Challengers seem to be the ones currently available non-soft. I have felt some FLX Challengers, they are about as flexible as my Evo HPP Wizard. Should drive just fine.

Latest posts