• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

i need a putter to drive with

I have been very content with my Ridge!! Drives well, upshots unbelievably, and sinks in the chains. (reg x-link)

I had gone through a putter evolution over the years.....polecat/birdie.....xd/magnet(magnet I loved).....then wizard/warlock/magic mess....never got it right, then tried the ridge and flirted with the summit. The ridge was consistent, from the tee, far out and in close. Havent looked back, nothing could change me from this disc. Has made me question having a mid-range.

Something like a wizard (bb aviar, challenger, focus, ridge...) allows you to have a newer one for shots calling for an overstable disc, and a more beat up one that'll turn without having to have different molds.

Something like a wizard (bb aviar, challenger, focus, ridge...) allows you to have a newer one for shots calling for an overstable disc, and a more beat up one that'll turn without having to have different molds.

Exactly, QFT.

Hear that Rhyno people? :p

Get a FLX challanger. I would love mine more if I could putt with a pro d or soft x.

I have 2 JK aviars, one just for driving and one for putting. Once the driving one gets destroyed enough, it'll go in the practice pile and I'll get a new one. The Putting one has special juju in it.

I liked a lot of the suggestions here (VP, ridge. rhino, challenger, wizard, Voodoo, magic, pure, ect...) The other thing I would also suggest is that what ever flavor you choose just get it in a plastic that's easy to replace in case you loose it. There is no sense in buying something rare as there have been lots of good discs mentioned that are easy to replace.

CHEERS - Koffee

For me the PURE was the first putter I felt comfortable driving with due to the feel of the rim. The rounded rim fits better in my hand. I just hope one day it arrives in Opto/Goldline plastic.

And it flies straight too.

Latest posts