• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need a straight flying driver

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Are there any drivers that go fairly straight with little to no fade that can go about 300ft? Thanks

The Avenger SS goes pretty darn straight with little fade for me. I can't throw very far consistently yet but I've definitely gotten it around 270' a few times.

it all depends on your throw. i agree with thc - a valk is a good choice. that's what i usually throw for long, straight shots. i'd say the throw is more important than the disc, though.

TL..longest straightest driver in the bag!!!

I have a Pro Valk that I have been using and for the most part it goes pretty straight, but its starting to drift to the right on me (RHBH throws) . I do have a Avenger SS 170, so I guess I need to go practice with it.

All of lightning discs drivers and flyers go straight

hey Roc1time I finally gave up trying on trying to flatten my shot with regular drivers. I used to max out at 200. With number 1-4 drivers and 1-3 flyers from lightning discs I can now throw 300. the number 1 and 4 drivers and the number 1 flyer are max distance drivers. Numbers 2 and 3 of both are long range drivers. I have found I like weights 169-173. They will add distance. I increased my average drive by 100!!

If its works for you bubbs then stick too it. Thats what I tell everyone....different strokes for different folks. Find something you like and stick with it...thats why no matter what any Discrap ever makes, I will always throw Innova, just because thats what I learned with and thats what I will throw. So there you go

I love the TL also, but it just doesnt get the distance that I need alot of times. Its the straightest flying disc I own.

On another note, my friend shoots a Pro Valkerie and its the prettiest, straightest flying shot that I have ever seen. Unfortunately, it doesnt do that for me. He has a huge arm, and mine is only moderate.

All I know is I consistently throw a 172g Assassin much further and straighter than anything else that I used to throw (Surge, Beast, Valk), from the first time I ever threw one. Maybe you have a friend who has one you can try. Now that may be because I did not have the power to really unleash those three.

XCal. Hands down. Threw other drivers for a long time, friend of mine handed me an XCal to try... best thing I've ever thrown. I do like my new wraith though... it may be a contender in the near future.

the xcal is a super fast moderatly overstable driver. so is the wraith. i think if he midnight is throw a valk straight and long he might just need to stick with that. If he wants to go faster than he might just go to the beast. its just faster with a little more glide. the groove is the same with even more glide.

I have a champ Beast, and a Star TL. The TL always seemed to fade hard at the end of the flight for me, but I will go out try those this week. I wanted to go tonight, since I have a lighted practice field, but right now we have 26-29mph winds, and I think that will not give me the results I am looking for.

I have head the Beast has good glide.

Discraft's SS avenger and surge in the flx plastic are both really straight discs. I mean, it's right there in the name...

I would say an Orc or a surge. both have similar flight paths for me, but the orc is more consistent for me. I think that is because I am not used to throwing Discrafts ESP plastic. Other than that, if you can throw with a lot o power, My teerex actually goes straight for me if I can keep it low.

Latest posts