• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need some help guys

at arboretum park in ohio, there are a LOT of water hazards on the last few holes, all of which are nasty, swampy, leech infested, stinky, reedy holes. i doubt anyone can get in there to hunt discs. the day they drain those out there will be a massive treasure trove of discs. my most favorite straight driver among them!

Call the numbers and let them know where and how (lake diving/ect.) you found it. Ask if they would give you a 2 or 3 dollar finders fee for the disc. If they say ( Heck No!) then be polite and tell them that you will put the disc back where you found it.

Why risk a conflict over something this trivial when you might make a new friend by begin generous rather than demanding? I'd rather try for a new friend than risk a conflict in the hopes of getting a snack from the dollar menu at Wendy's. :thmbdown:

You don't neccesarily have to return it. If it's got a name and number call, if they don't answer and don't respond to a voicemail, their plastic has found a new home in your IN YOUR BAG. If no name, well then they didn't expect someone to be honest enough to return it anyway.

To make it short and sweet; if you go into the water to get discs they left behind, those discs are yours. If you find it out on the ground, call them back. You don't "lose" a disc in the water, you leave it there because you won't want to go swimming for it. A 2-3 dollar finders fee would be fine.

My opinion (for what it's worth) is if you happen to stumble upon a disc in the woods then it's common decency to call.

If you go through the trouble of diving in the lake to collect the discs people don't want to go into themselves then you have the rights to the discs ABANDONED by the owners. It would be nice (and awesome karma) to call, but you're under no obligation. If called, I would definitely throw some cash your way for the disc. The more premium/better condition the disc the more the reward.

Oh, and it's on them to come to you to get it back. Or they can pay for shipping.

Might as well call. You're taking an hour maybe two to go hunting anyway, why not take 3 min to call and have them tell you to keep in anyway. Of all the discs I've found I've only returned one because everyone else says keep it or they never answer anyway. I've only gotten to keep a couple of discs (I usually give found discs to friends) and it all works out cool. So go for it! Call!

youve OBVIOUSLY never sampled their chicken nuggets.:|

wendys_meal.jpg

That chocolate shake/icecream thing rocks for dipping fries into.:eek:

Yea, frostys rock. Almost as good as a late night Steak and Shake meal. Man, them beans are great on a really fridgid cold blustery night.
steaknshakemeal.jpg

These debates crack me up. Its a 7 - 18 dollar piece of plastic. If you wanted it, you should not have left before retrieving it.

I don't put my number on my discs. I hope whoever finds them has better luck with them than I had.

BTW, I lost a yellow Z Force, in very good condition, at Buck Creek yesterday. Just look to the left in the brush on hole 17 and you may get lucky.

Hey Cullinary dude, since we are at a Vegan Ray's loss here at DGCR would it behoove you to talk to us about some really fine quisine so that our salivary glands are reactivated?

How about some Pan Seared Foie Gras Au Poivre with Braised Swiss Chard, Kiln Dried Cherry Demi Glace, Herbs de Province Sauteed Patty Pan Squash and Pecorino Risotto. This should obviously be served with a bottle of full bodied Zinfandel or perhaps a bold Syrah.

How about some Pan Seared Foie Gras Au Poivre with Braised Swiss Chard, Kiln Dried Cherry Demi Glace, Herbs de Province Sauteed Patty Pan Squash and Pecorino Risotto. This should obviously be served with a bottle of full bodied Zinfandel or perhaps a bold Syrah.

:clap::clap::clap: Yum Yum
supper1.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the full-bodied red's you are suggesting might overwhelm the subtle, yet rich flavor of the fois. I would rather try a nice Riesling, perhaps a bottle of Château Ste. Michelle & Dr. Loosen Eroica Riesling, 2000. And lose the Au Poivre. A simple pan-sear should do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the full-bodied red's you are suggesting might overwhelm the subtle, yet rich flavor of the fois. I would rather try a nice Riesling, perhaps a bottle of Château Ste. Michelle & Dr. Loosen Eroica Riesling, 2000. And lose the Au Poivre. A simple pan-sear should do.

Touche...

I expected not a gentleman of your palate to partake of such foolishness.

you should just call and tell them you found their disc and just pause...
Wait until they speak, but tell them your keeping it and you just wanted to let them know you found it

I usually call the person. If they want their old stinky disc back, I offer to meet them somewhere to return the disc. When they show up, I ambush them at gunpoint and take all of their other discs, money, and women. Then I strip them down, tie them up, and leave them stranded with their stinky disc laying beside them. Now that's Karma.