• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need tips for "fixing" form this year

trice15

Hi guys,

As it is finally reaching 40 degrees and the snow is disappearing, (yay minnesota!) I want to go out and start my DG season this year.

I am looking to correct some issues with form early on, hoping that they don't come back since I haven't thrown for nearly six months.

Any advice on how to start fresh and correct some form issues early on? As starting a new season and not throwing for a while, this seems like the best opportunity to fix these issues.

Thanks in advance for any responses, I'll get back to all of you right away if you need more information.

Get some Comets and video throwing them as far as you can in a field. It's not likely you will "fix" your form or be completely comfortable by the season start, or maybe even a year or more. You really can't take competition/results too seriously while working on improvement. It depends on your personal goals.

Get some Comets and video throwing them as far as you can in a field. It's not likely you will "fix" your form or be completely comfortable by the season start, or maybe even a year or more. You really can't take competition/results too seriously while working on improvement. It depends on your personal goals.

Would any discs other than a comet work? I have some rocs, buzzs, fuses, tee birds, volts, teslas, vulcans, leopards, and rivers.

And sounds good, I will make some videos here over the next week or so and post them on here. I don't expect to "fix" any issues I have over a week or so or anything like that. But I just thought that it might be easier if I start right away on the season on working on those improvements instead of waiting til I really get stuck into my habits again.

Edit: If comets are the best option, I can buy some, but would rather use what i have before buying some comets :)

Comets are like beat up Rocs, lots of players carry both. Buzzz, less stable the better. Leopard is good. Not sure about a river or fuse, no high speed drivers. Putters are also excellent.

The comet has a rim that you may or may not like. It is a great disc, but a beat up pro buzzz would work just as well. As for putters a lat 64 Pure hard plastic would be a good choice. River is a good disc for this as well. Just work up to it, or if you are already turning it over, practice with it until throw it on a good line.

The comet has a rim that you may or may not like. It is a great disc, but a beat up pro buzzz would work just as well. As for putters a lat 64 Pure hard plastic would be a good choice. River is a good disc for this as well. Just work up to it, or if you are already turning it over, practice with it until throw it on a good line.

He already has rocs, if those feel fine in his hand then comets will too. A buzz is still faster with less glide than a comet, and won't quite give as much feedback on a bad shot as the comet would.

I have got some videos from today, apparently my buddy had a go pro with him. So we recorded both our drives, this is just going to be with whatever disc/hole I threw on, so I will get that from him as soon as I can, and try to pick a few good ones where you can see the form and shot well.

Any video by Lamar is helpful. He gives pro tips.
nice info
o.png