• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I owe my son for his 1st ace

LeewayeDiscGolf

Double Eagle Member
A couple of months back my son was talking about aces. I told him when he gets one, I will get him any new disc of his choice. 3-29-10, we go play 3 rounds at Southside Park in Trinidad CO. With only 3 holes left in the 3rd round, he proceeds to nail his 1st ace! He did this weeks after turning 13 and on an Innova DISCatcher with single chains, no inners. Hole #7, 186', 175 Innova Champion Valkyrie, Forehand. He'd just gotten the disc as a birthday gift from my brother about 2 weeks prior. I'm not fond of the quiet ace celebration. We made noise. :D Needless to say, it was very cool to see, and it made me proud. Now I gotta hope he doesn't want a collector's disc. :p

Attachments

• Matthew Ace Basket.jpg
    Matthew Ace Basket.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Trinidad #7.jpg
    Trinidad #7.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 154
Very cool. Get him something unique that he'll keep around to remember the round and the shot.

Awesome! congrats. i have a 17 month old daughter and i got her the whamo mini basket and she loves it. I cant wait till shes old enough to go with me. And dont ya think he deserves a collectible for that lol.

Get him some Swedish plastic (Latitude 64), or an Ion putter.
Something you don't see every day but won't break the bank.

Very cool. I like your reward system. Another 175 Ch Valkyre may be a good choice if he decides to retire this one.

Congrats on the Ace. Suggestion for the disc would be contact a small company(dynamic disc) and see about a custom design. I did something like that for my Mrs. for her b- day.

Latest posts