• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I played 195 rounds in 2016. How about you?

I'm not sure I like this question. Thinking about it, it seems to reveal that I've spent more time on DGCR than the course in the past year.

There ought to be a New Years Resolution in there, somewhere.

New Years Resolution: Play more disc golf! That is at least one resolution that might actually happen!

I didn't keep track but I am pretty much averaging 3 rounds a week although at the start of the year I was probably at 4 a weeko I'd guess around 150-180.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Started keeping track when I started...which I was October.

Played 47 rounds since beginning of October, while working full time, graduate classes, family...

You make time for what you love doing. Haha. I plan on crushing that number this new year.

Play at least 2 rounds every 2 weeks, so 52 or more. Have played a lot of incomplete rounds on my work-in-progress private course, mostly to try and flesh out the holes. I need a bull dozer.

I average only two rounds a week, so it's only around 100. For every weekend I miss, there's days like yesterday when I played 4 rounds. I need to play a little more after work during the week.

Me and my wife get sick of playing the same courses over and over after a while and play no where near the amount some of you guys play. This was one of our most disc golf filled years we've had and have probably only played about 80 rounds each. I'm about a mile away from my local course too. It just gets boring as heck playing the same holes over and over again. That's me anyway.

I don't record them religiously like I once did, but if I did, the 2016 count might be 150, but only due to nine hole courses.

I thought most of us here were daily players? Thought the average was like 500+ rounds per year

Thinking about it, I would be surprised if even 5% of the members on this site play 500+ rounds a year. That's a lot of rounds, even for someone without the other time-consuming activities like full-time work, kids, and other hobbies. Add to those bad winter weather and lack of daylight, and it gets tougher.

I'm lucky in that I don't get bored playing the same local courses over and over again.

I kept an accurate record this past season...I played 5256 holes which would equal 292 rounds.

Play at least 2 rounds every 2 weeks, so 52 or more. Have played a lot of incomplete rounds on my work-in-progress private course, mostly to try and flesh out the holes. I need a bull dozer.

Don't bother asking Santa for it. I've tried the last 12 Christmases, and he hasn't delivered. I'm sure I've been good enough; I only assume it exceeds the sleigh's weight restrictions.

246 this year. Only 5 last January and 5 this December due to snow. No I won't be trudging through 18 inches of snow to play this January eithor.

I didn't keep track, but I would guess between 200 and 220 rounds in 2016. That does not include days on the range practicing and comparing discs.

191 rounds. 3896 holes.

25 Tournaments. 11313 points.

One course installed or it could have been much more.

I have played 81 days in my career, all since September 2016.

I rarely if ever play fewer than 36 holes. I've played as many as 102 holes in a day.

So guestimating . . . around 5800 holes total, about 325 rounds.

I got in 120 in my score book ( but had a few more that weren't put in ) and that was lower than last year's. I have only been playing on Sunday/Monday mostly with two rounds each day.

I got to the point of where my game was sucking and learned to go home when I was pissed instead of making it worse by "playing thru it" and having junk rounds.

I'm not sure I like this question. Thinking about it, it seems to reveal that I've spent more time on DGCR than the course in the past year.

There ought to be a New Years Resolution in there, somewhere.
Guilty as charged. :\
However...

Most of it occurs when I can't/won't disc golf; while I'm at work, late at night, rainy days. While I will play glow and winter DG, there's simply no way I play as many rounds in the winter due to less day light and sub-optimal conditions. The amount of non-working daylight hours I spend on DGCR is actually a pretty low percentage of the total time I'm logged on, plus I often do it while watching TV in the evenings, so I'm multi-tasking.

* feels better about amount of time he spends on DGCR vs. amount of time he spends playing* :)

Last edited:
Guilty as charged. :\
However...

Most of it occurs when I can't/won't disc golf; while I'm at work, late at night, rainy days. While I will play glow and winter DG, there's simply no way I play as many rounds in the winter due to less day light and sub-optimal conditions. The amount of non-working daylight hours I spend on DGCR is actually a pretty low percentage of the total time I'm logged on, plus I often do it while watching TV in the evenings, so I'm multi-tasking.

* feels better about amount of time he spends on DGCR vs. amount of time he spends playing* :)

Yeah, I'm not on DGCR when I could be playing, either. It's just that an endless string of injuries and health issues keeps me off the course. DGCR is a constant; actual play is a variable, and a meager one in recent months.

But I'm averaging a round-a-day this year, so far.

Latest posts