• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I saw a guy with an iPad 2 on the course...

My friend has an iPad 1 and he brings it because we like to listen to music while we play (yeah, we are those guys) and the iPhone speakers are just too quiet.

If someone wants to bring their ipad to the course...I have no problem with that haha. I don't see what the big deal is. I wouldn't personally do it..but just sayin'

I would have tried to knock that PieceOcrap out his hands with a disc. Some people are such a tool.

Not my cup of tee. I carry my phone on silent for pics and things. And I still print out course maps and carry them in my bag. I wouldn't carry a laptop or anything like it on the course. ( Plus my battery needs replaced and probably wouldn't last a full round without a plug in. )
I guess if he wants to carry it around then that's his choice. But I'm gonna go with showing off as well.

I just don't see the need for this thing, especially if you already have an iPhone or Android or whatever. IMO, its like a giant iPhone that cannot make a phone call. This is what I keep telling my gf when she says she wants one. I mean, yes, its a cool toy and I think most people that have one will argue that they use it for "work", but its just a big boys toy.

iPad on the course? :gross::confused:

There was another thread where I was talking about the stigma with apple products and having to feel like a tool when you own one. Everyone was saying that it wasn't true...but looking at some of these responses, I was clearly right. :D

Granted that most people that own these devices, don't realize that they are tools haha.

I really don't care if what others do to love the game more. I just found the whole thing to be absolutely funny.

It reminded me of that prank/comedy show...Trigger Happy. You know the one with the guy on a GIANT cell phone screaming HELLO! That is what I though of when I saw him pulling that out of his putter pocket on his bag. I so wanted to have one of those big phones on me at the time, but something tells me he wouldn't have gotten the joke. :doh:

there's a radio show that comes here late night in which they always have the same "guest" on and they change his name every show and he always becomes this guy who is doing something really stupid, insane or offensive so people who have never heard the show call in and freak out on the guy.

About a month ago the guy said he was a school teacher and he made his students throw in money so he could buy the new iPad 2 to replace his current iPad. Basically he was acting like he needed the iPad 2 to teach his kids better than he could with the iPad 1 but at the same time he kept talking about all the stuff he was doing outside of school with his iPad and that he needed the iPad 2 to do even more **** outside of the class.

So people called in and were freaking out about him making kids pay for his new iPad and he just kept saying his life would be better with an iPad 2 and the kids should be happy to pay for it. It was awesome.

That sounds like a great radio show!

I guess the question is.... Is he good at disc golf?

Uhhhhhh, how do I say this nicely....Not really. LOL

Last edited:
I started carrying around my Nook Color (which I rooted to run pure Android, getting access to app marketplace). Yeah, I could use my smartphone, but between taking pics and having to keep the brightness way up to combat the sun the battery gets drained pretty bad. We tend to have at least 3-4 people playing, with most of them fairly new players (myself included), so we tend to take a LONG time on a course. *No worries, we ALWAYS let people play through*

I have a very durable case for the Nook, which fits beautifully in my bag, so I'm not too concerned about it getting broken - especially with the extra warranty I got on it.

There was another thread where I was talking about the stigma with apple products and having to feel like a tool when you own one. Everyone was saying that it wasn't true...but looking at some of these responses, I was clearly right. :D

Granted that most people that own these devices, don't realize that they are tools haha.

Thanks for pointing out that I am a "tool" I had not realized that till today. I own an ipad2 iphone 4 Imac and and air, a major tool I guess lol. Who gives a fruck what others take with them on the course, ever think that maybe your the tool for noticing that guy and making fun of him instead of enjoying being outdoors with friends and playing this awesome sport.

So, I saw this guy actually hauling an iPad 2 with him. So, I asked him what it was for. He said he uses it to keep score, take photos, look up the maps from this site (which he was not a member of, booooo!), weather, and anything else that might come up.

I asked him if it is an over-stable beast and he did not find that funny at all. Some people have no sense of humor.

Anyway, so I noticed he also had an iPhone as well. Do you think it makes sense to haul that iPad 2 around knowing it could easily break regardless of the case you have it in and dealing with such a bulky item?

I am inclined to think this overkill and showing off. (That rat bastard got one and I'm still looking for one.) LOL

Damn yuppies. :thmbdown:

I think its funny that the i people spend so much on gadgets that they have to wear their old clothes that are too small;)

iPad on the course is pretty douchey.

Actually, its REALLY douchey.

Not realizing that Apple products are superior to all other mainstream competitor products is also douchey.

I would assume that 90% of you people hating on Apple have never sat down and tried their products. And no, not at the Apple Store, but a real life test run. Cant hate it till you have tried it!

Ok, bringing an iPad out to the course is showing, in my opinion. By cheap, beat to heck BlackBerry can do everything he was using his ipad for. I personally would never want an ipad... think of how many discs i could by with that chunk of change!

As for being a tool for owning something apple - i do not agree. I do high end residential mowing 60 hours a week; my ipod saves my life! i can listen to whatever i want, whenever i want.

So no one sees a flaw in a device that will kill its battery, yet said battery is NOT replacable???

Latest posts