• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] I think I might have a hole in my bag...

As you can see below in my sig, I have a pretty complete bag. However, I am lacking in a straight fairway driver that will not flip badly in a slight headwind but doesn't have much fade. I have some OLD (2002ish) KC Pro Teebirds (really champ material, as it's clear) but I'd rather not use them for obvious reasons. :D They are very straight with a slight fade and flip-resistant. What would fly like them? TB3s? The new FD2? Another manufacturer? I'd appreciate any input. :thmbup:

FWIW, I can get a TB out to about 400' and max out around 500', so my form is pretty good and discs fly true to their flight #s.

FD will be flippy with that much power unless it's a second run. I use the KJ Nybo teebird for this slot. And a champion thunderbird is it's faster big brother.

FD will be flippy with that much power unless it's a second run. I use the KJ Nybo teebird for this slot. And a champion thunderbird is it's faster big brother.

KJs are not really OS for you? They are equivalent to my Doombird FD3s when new!

Thanks for the input, everyone. My brother has a MF TB3 that he will let me test out. At a local tourney last weekend, there was a hole around 325' with a 30' gap and low ceiling that took away any hyzer or FH. This hole exposed my need for a straight fairway driver with little flip, not much fade and not too fast. Hence my dilemma. (FWIW, I threw my buzz hyzered and it flipped up and rode slightly right due to the headwind. Ended pin high but 30' right.)

KJs are not really OS for you? They are equivalent to my Doombird FD3s when new!

No not really. Especially once beat in for a year, very straight then. Doom birds are all over the place anyway. Some are like luster and some are like first run cline.

I would probably throw an Sline FD on the hole you described though. Hyzer flip to flat on about a 20 degree release and about 80 percent power. It will be really straight out to 325 and you can keep it real low under any ceiling.

The 4 doombirds I have are quite overstable but when thrown with power, fly nice and straight with good fade. The KJs, however, are just meathooks. Putting all my power into my KJs gets them to about 400', whereas I can get my FD3s farther. Odd.

I had a first run S line FD that was really flippy. Hmm. I'm going to have to experiment a little! Thanks for the tips.

How about just throw that teebird. No use having such a great thrower and not throwing (unless you're selling). Just don't throw it near water or deep brush

Latest posts