• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I think I'll take up Bowling.

To clarify: I want to go back to a Torque Monkey wandering the course using OAT to crush overstable, too fast plastic.

The last time I considered quitting disc golf was...wait, I've never considered quitting disc golf. I have had some absolutely terrible rounds and not once during those rounds did I ever think about quitting. I have unloaded every disc in my bag at a water hazard hole in the Tin Cup style but that was only because I felt it was time to replace every disc in my bag. :)

2 yrs ago i put down the disc bag for several months, extremely burnt, just not having fun. I bought my bitchin trail blazing Gary Fisher which filled the void and more. multiple concussions later i was back throwing plastic. the end.

I don't have those types of rounds as often anymore (thankfully). But when I do, I usually take a few days off, then play a round at my local easy 9 hole with just my Ion and Anode. It seems hard for me to not enjoy myself playing with just those two discs.

I bowled on Saturday night... house ball, house shoes... 179 and a 166. not shabby with no warm up and 2nd time bowling this year....

I quit yesterday but just for the day. I've only been playing about 6 months and love it but tried to play Renaissance in Charlotte NC.

Spent about an hour total playing golf and about 3 hours looking for discs. Only ended up losing one but quit after 14 holes due to :wall: and oncoming darkness.

haha. I was there too. I lost my Star Leopard on hole 3 after deucing hole 2 with an ace run that was in the gully past the basket.

I've never gotten so mad during a casual round that I've wanted to quit forever, but my first couple of tournaments made me want to never ever play in tournaments. My first was the St. Louis open '08. I'd been playing a few months, and the open was held at Endicott. I was carded with a couple local pros (and I knew it) for my first round, and I proceeded to hit every tree. Every. Tree. Every tree. Every hole. I was carding 8's like they were minors in prom dresses. Just mortifying. Second round was no better. The next tournament? Not much better. I realized that I had no mental game whatsoever, and the prospect of playing with people I didn't know intimidated me. But I got better, and now, while I am not "tournament player" per se, I have learned to not care about a crappy hole, which allows me to move on to the next one without the baggage of anger and shame. And PRESTO, I have fewer crappy holes.
But casual, no, I've never wanted to stop. Angry, yes sometimes, but finished? Nope.

I have quit a course before. Too many trees, too much lost plastic, too many >75 scores. Just flat-out broke up with that course. But then I went back. She was too alluring. Then she did me wrong again. Codependency. *sigh*

I have also thought about never playing in tournaments again. Once, I literally had the cash taken out of my pocket because the TD had made a mistake when adding up the scores. A few solo rounds to clear my head and I was back and ready to play competitively again.

I quit yesterday but just for the day. I've only been playing about 6 months and love it but tried to play Renaissance in Charlotte NC.

Spent about an hour total playing golf and about 3 hours looking for discs. Only ended up losing one but quit after 14 holes due to :wall: and oncoming darkness.

First course I ever tried to play was renny. She's a mean bitch and will spank ya hard.

Played in a strong north wind 30+mph w/50mph gusts a few weeks back. My score resembled a bar tab. Putts blowing back and behind me. I had to invent curse words.

In six months i have felt the highest of highs followed by the lowest of lows.:\

I have come within a foot of my first ace and one hole later i grip locked my drive and spent twenty minutes looking for a disc.:wall:

Yesterday i played a round and on the first tee i carefully lined up my shot, started my x-step, wound up and threw my disc into the tree six feet in front of the tee to the left. :wall: Gonna be one of those rounds. Got my ass kicked for the front nine or eleven...but...then about the time i was considering just walking to the truck i made three good shots in a row:D

So i'm still hooked, and besides i've got way too much money invested to stop now.:eek:

Got my ass kicked for the front nine or eleven...but...then about the time i was considering just walking to the truck i made three good shots in a row:D

So i'm still hooked, and besides i've got way too much money invested to stop now.:eek:

I'm pretty new as well, and it takes me about 12 holes just to warm up and throw relatively straight. I'm not sure why it takes me so long to find my stride. I think I just play way too inconsistently. It can be pretty frustrating when you only play well on the last 1/3 of any given course. :\

It can be pretty frustrating when you only play well on the last 1/3 of any given course. :\

Today i was playing my home course and decided after getting beat up by the front nine then paring the back that I'm gonna start playing on ten and finish on nine. The first two holes on my home course are just brutal esp. the second. Really sets the round off wrong going bogey, then double bogey.

Played in a strong north wind 30+mph w/50mph gusts a few weeks back. My score resembled a bar tab. Putts blowing back and behind me. I had to invent curse words.

I think putting in the wind is like pi%$^ng in the wind - it always comes back on you.

Seriously, I've had my putter drop like it was made of lead 5' out of my hand on windy days.

Yesterday i played a round and on the first tee i carefully lined up my shot, started my x-step, wound up and threw my disc into the tree six feet in front of the tee to the left. :wall: Gonna be one of those rounds. Got my ass kicked for the front nine or eleven...but...then about the time i was considering just walking to the truck i made three good shots in a row:D

That's all it takes.... It's amazing how one or two good shots can salvage not only a round, but your attitude :D