• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] I think the Whippet is my new favorite disc.

springy101

Bogey Member
Man I love how reliable this thing is. No matter how hard I throw it I can always depend on it to come back hard left. It works great on short hyzer drives and saved my ass a number of times approaching as well. I shot my best round of golf in months and I used the Whippet on almost every hole.

wait till you find a tournament fund raiser that has a whippet in star plastic... Those are real good! I have been using the two I bought from the "High Plaines Challenge" a lot!

wait till you find a tournament fund raiser that has a whippet in star plastic... Those are real good! I have been using the two I bought from the "High Plaines Challenge" a lot!

i have a few star whippet- x fundraisers left from our spring tournament. pm if interested.

im a big fan of the Wippet as well. Great for doglegs - it will go straight for a bit then just fades where it should. There is no mystery in this disc - it will always fade. Also decent FH

How far out straight do they go before fading? If you could also tell me your average drive so I can compare to my own throw.

How far out straight do they go before fading? If you could also tell me your average drive so I can compare to my own throw.

avg BH drive is in the low 300's range - with the whippet they go 200-220 straight then fade - at least that's the typical type of hole i it on. I basically use it like a midrange - maybe i'll put a little more into it than i would a buzzz.

i used to love the old mold whippets but haven't really cared for the newer ones- they just don't feel the same and are actually somewhat less overstable.

For me this isn't a long distance driver at all. My average is around 300' RHBH and I can get this thing out maybe 275' max. I don't really drive with but it's butter for long approaches and big hyzers.

I've got a KC PRo Whippet and I like it alot. I dont find myself using it much but when I need a strong left fade (RHBH) I pull it out for sure. Love it for big hyzers too!

Based on what some of you have said I need to try it FH and see how that works.