• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ice Bowl 2009

I am playing one in Seattle at on a temp course that was one of the orignal obstacle course in WA. It will be my first time playing there and with real baskets so that will be cool. It is at Woodland Park below the zoo.

Texas Ice Bowl

Top of Texas ICE BOWL will happen on Feb. 8, 2009. We've had several years in a row of GREAT weather, hopefully it'll be nice again this year.

Lots to give away and raffle - Champion Bosses, full color Rocs, 2 portable baskets!!!, and more!

was hoping you could put the corning, ny ice bowl on the calendar tim...feb 7th

You should be able to do that yourself. Go to the course info page and on the left you can add an event/tourney.

I'm playing the 8th of Feb at Peru. It is a doubles ice bowl tourney.

IceBowl2009.jpg

We had our Ice bowl yesterday, It was great. My first event, and my first win.

I really like the full-color Roc from this year's Ice Bowl. Is it some kind of Pro plastic?

Do you know if there is somewhere on line where you can get them?

I tried a little 'googling' and found this:
KC Pro Ice Bowl Disc

So I guess it is KC Pro. It also appears there were some full color Star Ontario Rocs, but I don't think mine is Star and I'm pretty sure it's not DX.

I took my first win in the Humboldt Ice Bowl on January 10th @ Mad River Beach, my second tourny.

Why thanks guys, And congrats to chris as well! I threw really well, only missing two putts (both of which were outside my comfort zone.) But I'm okay with letting those go because I hit a couple 40+ footers and sat one in from around 65 feet.

Ice Bowl 2009

Saturday, February 7, 2009. Low Gap Park. Ukiah, CA
A Charity Disc Golf Event benefiting the Ukiah Community Food Bank.

Check-In/Registration 9:00-10:00 Start time : 10:30 a.m.
One round only. Doubles following if time permits.

Entry Fees: $20 plus 2 canned food items = DX disc
$25 plus 2 canned food items = Premium disc

The 2009 Houston Ice Bowl
Per Conrad:
Thanks to everyone who participated in this year's Ice Bowl. We had an astounding 117 players and raised $1490 for the Houston Food Bank which more than tripled what was raised last year. With its strong community partners, the Food Bank is able to stretch every $1 donated into $6, so know that your money will generate $8940 feeding the hungry in our community. I really hope that everyone had a good time and will continue to support this event in the future. This really demonstrates the generosity of the Houston disc golf community.

Even though I sucked it up on the course, and the rain was a special treat - The 09 Ice Bowl was a good time. Those are impressive stats for to help feed the hungry. That is the type of thing that need to be publicized to non-disc golfers to help the image. I've heard nothing lately but tirades on these forums about drug use and disc golf. - This is something that has truly helped and should be talked about instead of drugs.

Plus - 117 people! That's a pretty amazing number, and it looked like everyone had a good time despite the weather. It ain't called an Ice Bowl for nothin! One gripe - can a late guy like me catch a break and score a disc marker or what? :) Teach me for coming at the last minute.

One gripe - can a late guy like me catch a break and score a disc marker or what? :) Teach me for coming at the last minute.
Hey! It's an Ice Bowl: No Whining!

If you need a mini I'll throw one in my bag for ya. Just remind me next time you see me.

ERic

Latest posts