• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ice Bowl Winnings

Won the kingman Ice Bowl by . Non sanctioned fun event for the locals in a very recently growing disc golf scene. Had a few players of good competition, just shot extremely well bEfore the wind came in. Payout, however, left a sour taste in my mouth. With a 25 dollar entry fee, and winning "advanced" j shouldve gotten more that one champ Orc, while the winner of "intermediate" with a 20 dollar entry fee won a nice homemade basket, I didn't need that much of a payout, but cmon, the unevenness of payout really bugs me as the overall winner

Won the kingman Ice Bowl by . Non sanctioned fun event for the locals in a very recently growing disc golf scene. Had a few players of good competition, just shot extremely well bEfore the wind came in. Payout, however, left a sour taste in my mouth. With a 25 dollar entry fee, and winning "advanced" j shouldve gotten more that one champ Orc, while the winner of "intermediate" with a 20 dollar entry fee won a nice homemade basket, I didn't need that much of a payout, but cmon, the unevenness of payout really bugs me as the overall winner

Charity was the real winner... not you.

No tourney winnings here, but 2 Ice Bowls netted me 2 minis, a DX Roc, a Z Buzzz, and a Supercolor Buzzz, plus some awesome discin' in the snow and great times with friends (both old and new!). As an added ego booster, I had 3 different guys suggest that I need to start playing in the Northern Waters Series....they watched me played and think I'd be competitive in my division! Sweet! I got a warm, fuzzy feeling :)

Plenty happy to be doing my part for Meals on Wheels and the Northern Michigan Food Bank!

Last edited:
I got an RW-Pro Roc and some hand warmers for the player pack...oh and a new pencil....passed up the mini and stickers, already have enough.

Wife took a champ leopard.

I got the merchandise for the J-Park Ice Bowl today........... Got the wife a one-off pink hoodie that's pretty cool and look at the Inncolor Star Mako !!

33324_g.jpg

I played my first Ice Bowl recently, the Live Oak (TX) one held on Jan. 30, 2010.

It was cool to meet TD's & PDGA Pros JAY & DES READING as well as Twisted Flyer's Joe Rotan.

I won my card, but ended up 14th or so in Rec for this NON-sanctioned tourney. Lotta fun!

Our Ice Bowl was back just after the 1st of the year. MD vs VA, it was a two day. 27 at Seneca Creek & 18 at Giles Run long format both days. Super cold weather, great food and a t-shirt were all part of the player pack. It took some doing but VA pulled it out for braggin' rights. Placed last (as usual) in Masters but won with fun!! ;)

No tourney winnings here, but 2 Ice Bowls netted me 2 minis, a DX Roc, a Z Buzzz, and a Supercolor Buzzz, plus some awesome discin' in the snow and great times with friends (both old and new!). As an added ego booster, I had 3 different guys suggest that I need to start playing in the Northern Waters Series....they watched me played and think I'd be competitive in my division! Sweet! I got a warm, fuzzy feeling :)

Plenty happy to be doing my part for Meals on Wheels and the Northern Michigan Food Bank!

You need to come down to a TADGA event. All AM women get paid out :D

I won a soft focus for ctp. I don't use soft putters to putt though, however I will try it out for drives.

I was under the impression that cash winnings were always donated back to the charity. I guess not always. I just thought it was the unspoken rule.

Any way I think that is what should happen.

I was wondering that myself. We had a fairly big ace pot hit this year. The TDs were a little shocked when the guy collected his half and walked away with it. At least the charity's rep wasn't there to see it, too.

I know times are tough for everybody. If you can afford the entry fee for the Ice Bowl and home Internet to see this message, you definitely don't need the money as bad as someone who can't afford food (or whatever your charity does). Chances are that little bit of extra money you won could've given a family a second chance.

I believe the disc companies put the effort into the Ice Bowl as a way to allow us to give back to the community. If not for the charity, the Ice Bowl wouldn't exist.

I was wondering that myself. We had a fairly big ace pot hit this year. The TDs were a little shocked when the guy collected his half and walked away with it. At least the charity's rep wasn't there to see it, too.

I know times are tough for everybody. If you can afford the entry fee for the Ice Bowl and home Internet to see this message, you definitely don't need the money as bad as someone who can't afford food (or whatever your charity does). Chances are that little bit of extra money you won could've given a family a second chance.

I believe the disc companies put the effort into the Ice Bowl as a way to allow us to give back to the community. If not for the charity, the Ice Bowl wouldn't exist.

Amen Brother.

i took 3rd in intermediate at the Tillis park ice bowl in Fort Smith,AR i got a z buzz and a dx roc along with an ice bowl shirt. it was my first tourny that was not a mini. overall i had a blast and got a chance to meet alot of cool players

I was under the impression that cash winnings were always donated back to the charity. I guess not always. I just thought it was the unspoken rule.

Any way I think that is what should happen.

half the entry fee was donated to the charity. the other half went to payouts. there was no players package either. plus the discs raffle proceeds went to the charity as well. i had already donated 20 bucks and three cans of food to the charity as well.

i won int i won 85 in funny money for discs. then in the raffle i won 2 disc and a 25 Giordanos gift card pretty good day overall