• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Probably what is now referred to as "proline" plastic- sort of transitional between CE and champion- best plastic Innova ever made.

Yes I agree when feeling the disc. It was like a disc plastic heaven, a tough but really gripy disc.

I have from 2006 a first run after the Proto Stamp Champion Valkyrie I had got at the time blue, my DX Valkyrie was dead as a dog go its teeth in the disc. I would have retired the disc soon as after 2 years of use the disc died. I got a Glow Champion Valkyrie in August, same weight as the Old Champion disc died and the Glow was the disc closest to the old flatter top Valkyrie's from 2006.

I was meaning I retied the DX Disc after 2 years of use in post above when talking about the Valkyrie that died, I did not make that clear. I just replaced the Valkyrie that was the first Champion one I got in 2006, with the one above.

I was meaning I retied the DX Disc after 2 years of use in post above when talking about the Valkyrie that died, I did not make that clear. I just replaced the Valkyrie that was the first Champion one I got in 2006, with the one above.

Thanks for clarifying, wasn't sure I'd be able to sleep tonight without knowing that.

My dad has a Teebird or Thunderbird as a disc that says in smaller letters Pro like a Pro disc above the Champion like a Champion disc of the era he got the disc in in 2005. It is not see through like the Champion discs nor is like the Pro Plastic, actutally it feels like a combo of Pro and Champion being more Champion then Pro plastic but still some Pro Plastic in the disc. This disc was gotten in 2005 kind of just before Star plastic Came out. Was a Pro Champion plastic ever a thing where they had a combo of the two in the disc? Also the disc has a minimal G Star luster to it. Disc is in rough shape due to a crack in the wing, making it a 6/10 so I know the disc is not that valuable now.

Is it an 11x KC Pro Teebird? Like the one on the link below.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...08006966972384304&selectedIndex=64&ajaxhist=0

Last edited:
I can't seem to get the pic to upload right now. But, was there ever a run of Panthers in Star? We got a disc with the indent of a wiped stamp that says "Twisted Chains 2009" on it. From pics the profile looks a lot like a panther, but it is definitely star plastic.

I can't seem to get the pic to upload right now. But, was there ever a run of Panthers in Star? We got a disc with the indent of a wiped stamp that says "Twisted Chains 2009" on it. From pics the profile looks a lot like a panther, but it is definitely star plastic.

The innova site says they make them in Star, Champ and DX.

The innova site says they make them in Star, Champ and DX.

Strange, when I was on the site I only saw them available in Star, and even found a poll from a couple years ago of people asking about interest in a Star Panther. This 2009 stamp was obviously prior to that.

I saw it on the disc comparison. If you mouse over the name of a particular disc a window will pop up with a brief description and the plastics available will be the ones that aren't darkened.

I don't recall any Star Panthers. Sure it's not a Kite?

Found a disc but no clue what it is!

What I know: Innova, champ plastic, 174g, definitely a fairway. If I converted from inches to cm right, it is a 1.8cm rim. Felt pretty straight-stable, so my best guess is Teebird?

https://imgur.com/gallery/vHLwz

Help Identifying Disc

My friend gave me this JK pro valkerie and i know it's old (PFN, patent no. ,etc) but i have never seen one with out JK Pro on the stamp...this one does not have it and it was not wiped off....anybody know if i've found something really rare or did they ever doruns with JK pro on the front?

Picture should be uploaded on here....

Thanks

Attachments

• Valkerie.jpg
    Valkerie.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 57
HELP IDENTIFYING DISC

My friend gave me this JK pro valkerie and i know it's old (PFN, patent no. ,etc) but i have never seen one with out JK Pro on the stamp...this one does not have it and it was not wiped off....anybody know if i've found something really rare or did they ever doruns with JK pro on the front?

Picture should be uploaded on here....

Thanks

Attachments

• Valkerie.jpg
    Valkerie.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 88

Latest posts