• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

2004 PDGA Championship Disc

I found a disc from 2004, it's clear, has all the 2004 PDGA tournaments pictured on it. Kinda looks and feels like a buzzz, I'll attach photos later but does anyone have any info on what it could be?

What is this disc?

I've got this clear 2004 Championship Midrange, appears to be collectible, but it has no identifying information. I'm very new to the sport, can anyone provide information on what this is, how many there are, what it's worth, anything of the sort? Thanks all!

Attachments

• 2F9E773D-BEDC-4C5B-AB6E-2507784DC96B.jpg
    2F9E773D-BEDC-4C5B-AB6E-2507784DC96B.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 70
Probably an early Buzzz or Wasp. I don't know what its worth, but probably quite a bit.

Did you compare the rim to other Wasps or Buzzzes? That should tell you pretty easily what it is.

It's a Wasp

The rim is marked wasp, 178 gram, which is the original run before they became buzzes, I'm sure it is worth quite a bit as a collectible, I just don't know how much either.

I know that is a Valuable disc, not just for being a Wasp in the NT but due to having the Minnesota Majestic, that tour stop was
on NT for 2-3 and then off a year on the NT schedule or the longest time until 2009 when the PDGA gave that spot to another tournament, not sure what that was.

The rim is marked wasp, 178 gram, which is the original run before they became buzzes, I'm sure it is worth quite a bit as a collectible, I just don't know how much either.

It could still be a Buzzz even if it says Wasp on the rim. If it has a bead, its a Wasp. If not, its a Buzzz.

Response on Disc

Thanks to everyone who provided information on the disc, it appears unbeaded and matches the 3 buzzes in my bag. Is the value based more around what someone will pay or should I be looking in a specific range? Thanks again!

Does anyone know if the discmania p1 is a different run of d line plastic then the newer runs?

I am not sure I understand what you are asking.

Do you mean are there differences in the d line plastic that was used to make P1's compared to the d line plastic that has been used more recently for other molds such as the current run of P2's?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the discmania p1 is a different run of d line plastic then the newer runs?

Then DX from Innova in current runs? DX varies so much since 2009 in single runs I could not tell you what a Current production run is supposed to be like. Not to mention some F2 or X-out discs are not just bad colors mistakes like that but big mistakes like stiffness of disc being almost KC Pro like and not color/blemishes or bad mold up mistakes that in that case should just end up recycled into the DX for the Dragon and given more color to the disc to hide the old disc mixed colors, the way Echo Star was done.

What is this Innova Disc?

It says Sinnissippi Open 2008 on it. I can't quite read what letters were written under the weight. maybe DRX or DRY? I tried to take a picture of the letters, but you can't see anything. Flies a little like a wraith I think. I know. Shot in the dark. Thought I might get lucky. REALLY like this disc. Found it with some old discs in a closet.

Attachments

• 20200627_150829.jpg
    20200627_150829.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 31
It says Sinnissippi Open 2008 on it. I can't quite read what letters were written under the weight. maybe DRX or DRY? I tried to take a picture of the letters, but you can't see anything. Flies a little like a wraith I think. I know. Shot in the dark. Thought I might get lucky. REALLY like this disc. Found it with some old discs in a closet.

The fact that its from 2008 is going to limit what it can be by quite a bit.

It pretty much has to be a Wraith, or maybe a Teerex. Nothing else faster had been introduced yet.

The fact that its from 2008 is going to limit what it can be by quite a bit.

It pretty much has to be a Wraith, or maybe a Teerex. Nothing else faster had been introduced yet.
Something else to consider when looking at a 12-year-old disc that shows a lot of use is that even if you figure out what it is, you probably can't go get another one and have it fly like the one you have. If it has a lot of throws on it, it should have seasoned by now.

BTW, in 2008 THE Innova driver was the Destroyer.

Can anyone tell me what disc this is?

I bought this innova disc out of a milk crate bin and loved it from the start. I can't seem to figure out what model it is. It seems it may be something they no longer make.
I believe it's some type of faster putter or slower midrange with a low profile and a small bead.

Anyone recognize it by the profile in the image?

Attachments

• 20200628_081855.jpg
    20200628_081855.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 30
Width? It looks like a Cro sort of. Maybe Gremlin like previous poster said. Spider maybe? I think those are beaded too.

Latest posts