• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

A buddy of mine has a 2001 Cam Todd Ching Roc (storage wear only he has never thrown it) that he is trying to find some info on. I have been trying trying to help him but so far no responses. Besides the fact that Cam Todd won worlds in 2001 what is the story on these? Does anybody know how many were made? Are they still common? Is it a typical $20-$25 dollar Ching Roc somebody could just sling and not care about or is it worth enough to not throw it? He wants to throw it and I keep telling him not to until he finds out about the disc.

I just went threw a box of 40 gstar destroyers. All were marked g*ds.. This one was marked different, it is marked G S/DS. I think that's a G.

Any value or meaning? Is this a S/DS mold?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 69
The "story goin round" is that the guys at Innova are aware of the facebook SUPER RARE SPECIAL ONE OF A KIND phenomenon and do stuff like this to see what people will pay for it once it hits facebook.

I think there's just one guy in there that writes "S/" instead of the stars. I see S/DS, S/L, S/EX, S/TB pop up from time to time. On regular Star Destroyers sometimes people go nuts, but on Gstar or Destroyers that are obviously current run (or other current runs like Wiggins tour series) they don't really bring in any extra.

Found this disc in one of my moms old disc bags. I love throwing this putter off the tee and long upshots. But I'm not sure if i should be throwing it or not because i have no idea if its rare or just another putter.

It is a Discraft Challenger in Elite Z plastic understamped. With a 2003 Hall of fame top stamp.

1. Im not sure how many of these were made with the hall of fame top stamp.
2. I have no idea how many discs Discraft produced with an understamp
3. No idea how many Challengers were made in Elite Z plastic ( I don't think they sell them right now in Elite Z).

I haven't seen that HOF stamp but I have seen the bottom stamp before. That is a midnight Z challenger that was done for Am Nationals back then. It is pretty rare. Discraft doesn't get the collector value $$$ that other brands do. However, the only problem I really see in throwing it is that replacing it or getting another is going to be pretty difficult. And there have been other runs of Z Chall's but that one is quitr unique in feel and dome. No other Z Chall will feel like it. Your decision.

Can anyone ID the specific mold of this Aviar? I'm not an expert on these! I most likely bought this one in '01/'02. It's stamped from the San Marino factory on the back.

Top:

picture.php

Bead / rim:

picture.php

The pic of the bead is fuzzy but it def looks like a Classic Aviar. Small/micro bead and stiff like a KC right?

Looks like a Big Bead to me.

Some of the older Grid Stamps had them.
The Grid Stamps had the big bead through most of the 90's. Sometimes they would be small bead but generally they were big bead.

Classic Aviars from that time were small bead stiffies. I have a few and some tourney-stamped.
The thing about it is that it was the very start of the "Classic Aviar" and there would have been a lot of big bead grid stamps still floating around. The picture looks like a big bead, no?

What the Hell, go buy a KC Avair and an Omega Super Soft. If it looks more like the KC it's a big bead; if it looks like the Omega it's a small bead.

I know someone with one of these are they worth anything?
No. The small bead putt and approach has gotten all crazy with people paying too much money for them, but the grid stamps don't really have a collector market unless it's one of the early beadless ones.

Latest posts