• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I found a Champ TB with no Climo stamp but does have the url and flight numbers in the stamp. Is this a 150 class? I don't have a scale sorry. I assume Kenny gets to keep his 12x discs.

bump, can anyone tell me what is up with the Champ TB's with no Climo stamp?

New Leopard question?

Some one told me this was a better question for this forum.

I have looked at a number of new Champion Leopards lately and there appears to be 2 different molds. One is the CAL, and the other is the CA. The reason I am asking the question is that it seems a bit odd to be running 2 different molds from the same factory. The 2 molds are so very different, quality control would be pretty tough. The CA mold has a huge dome, I refer to is as a stripper boob.

The CAL mold is the same as the Candy Pro Leopard from years ago. I have a few of those and the bottom is the same.

What's funny is this appears to have been going on since 2012. I have both molds going back some time. I can't imagine that Innova produces piles of discs and prints them when they need to fill orders. This day and age we never carry extra inventory beyond what our forecast can predict.

Is this normal for them to run different molds or do they just have piles of disc?

View attachment 48211

What's up with this tern? Never seen the lil black team stamp. Is it special or just a misprint?

A factory second would have the stamps on top of each other.

That stamp is what happens when a team member selects a stock disc as part of his sponsorship allotment. That wings stamp is one of the logos that sponsored players are allowed to use (along with the small airforce stamp). This means that your disc used to belong to an Innova team member. I know that McBeth and some east coast pros like to add the mini wings stamp onto stocked stamp stuff as they have more plastic to pick through instead of getting blanks team stamped.

It has lots of added value to some people so if you aren't attached to it, I would throw it up on facebook as a team stamped champ tern and go for at least a 12$ premium over stock price.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me about this disc? It is taffy and fingerprinty.

Attachments

• Photo Jul 17, 9 56 48 PM.jpg
    Photo Jul 17, 9 56 48 PM.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Photo Jul 17, 9 56 37 PM.jpg
    Photo Jul 17, 9 56 37 PM.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Photo Jul 17, 9 58 01 PM.jpg
    Photo Jul 17, 9 58 01 PM.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 56
I can only tell you it is a Millennium Polaris LS with Tony Sisco's name and number on the back.

I'm not an expert on Prodigy. Can anyone tell me which putter this is?

2zgc02h.jpg

2zxt9vp.jpg

This may be the wrong place for this but....."what is the story" with the ID stickers the disc manufacturers put on their discs, especially Innova? They are next to impossible to remove and usually involves rubbing alcohol. Unacceptable!!

Old School Cobra

Can any of you Cobra connoisseurs tell me how old this disc might be? I've seen in other threads that the "Long Range Driver" Cobra's might date back to the 90's. Is this disc really that old?

Attachments

• Cobra.jpg
    Cobra.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 72
The barstamp Cobra could be as old as '00-01ish or as new as '03-'04ish. So early Naughts is your time frame. Circle stamp Cobra's would be 90's.

Speed 9ish Driver Manufactured by Innova

Any idea what this might be? It seems to fly slightly overstable, but it will hold an anny to the ground. It has patent numbers, but no discernible markings...

Attachments

• DSC00123.jpg
    DSC00123.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00120.jpg
    DSC00120.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00118.jpg
    DSC00118.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 45
ROC

Just traded for this disc as I loved it's diverse flights.

I know it looks ugly and like nobody loves it but seriously, this thing flies like a dream come true. You can turn the glide on and off on this disc, you can throw it on an anhyzer and make it keep that line, you can flip it... you can even flip it to flat on a stiff throw and watch it fly straight and barely fade left at the end of it's flight. Powered down this thing has little glide and will happily turn left into winds and what not. It's not a meethook by any means, but this disc is for real. It's like a Buzzz with control! :cool:

Bottom stamp only, weighed at 175g, and well seasoned. Plastic feels kinda rubbery, I am new to the sport and could not tell you if it were DX or PRO plastic.

9la5xi.jpg

1zcd9ba.jpg

105p7j4.jpg

rcmte1.jpg

When was this made? Where was this made? Are more of these available? Thank you!

Last edited:
That there is a DX Roc-Bottom Stable Midrange Driver Roc. It's around 10-13 years old. There are still a few around, but they are gonna cost 'ya. Anybody who throws Rocs and knows anything knows that's a nice Roc.

Last edited:
That there is a DX Roc-Bottom Stable Midrange Driver Roc. It's around 10-13 years old. There are still a few around, but they are gonna cost 'ya. Anybody who throws Rocs and knows anything knows that's a nice Roc.

Awesome! Good to know this disc has gone that long and still goes left! This pretty much makes me a ROC fan because the entire length of time I have been playing I have gone through 2 GlowZ Buzzzs and 2 Z Buzzzs and they all would eventually flip too much. I do like the glide of the Buzzz but the fact that you have to release it hyzer just to get it to go straight is pretty bad. It's a shot, but not a go-to mid shot imo.

So what would be a close 2nd if I did not have a bunch of money to spend on more of these... which I don't.

Awesome! Good to know this disc has gone that long and still goes left! This pretty much makes me a ROC fan because the entire length of time I have been playing I have gone through 2 GlowZ Buzzzs and 2 Z Buzzzs and they all would eventually flip too much. I do like the glide of the Buzzz but the fact that you have to release it hyzer just to get it to go straight is pretty bad. It's a shot, but not a go-to mid shot imo.

So what would be a close 2nd if I did not have a bunch of money to spend on more of these... which I don't.

They probably run $30ish for a new one. So not cheap, but definitely not as expensive as some of the older KC Pros.

Latest posts