• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Just snagged a Wham-O! 71 mold and a DGA Kitty Hawk Softtouch Sure Shot. With it raining and still being at work, what can I expect from these guys in terms of flight?

Just snagged a Wham-O! 71 mold and a DGA Kitty Hawk Softtouch Sure Shot. With it raining and still being at work, what can I expect from these guys in terms of flight?

Wanted to add a picture to maybe help elicit some responses.

PIAS110-7-2014_zpsafe800c8.jpg

Can't speak to the 7/1 but the Aviar is rather old, first version of the Grid Stamps. There will be no factory information. Later disc will have San Marino factory I.D. and a the patent number. Nice find.

I am hoping someone can help me. How would I tell whethern
a disc is first run echo star or second run etc. Whats the difference and is one better than the other/why ?

Much appreciated
Dre

Anyone know when MVP started putting "Patent Pending" in the center of the the discs? I have a putter with nothing and a load with the Patent Pending in the bottom center. What run?

Can someone provide some information on this disc? I received it from Innova Christmas of 08' and it is new, unthrown with minor box wear.

Attachments

• IMG_20141030_192033.jpg
    IMG_20141030_192033.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20141030_192045.jpg
    IMG_20141030_192045.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 56
Exactly what it says it is: S-PD. I think the Christmas PDs were test configs with the different top from current production runs.

Found this disc yesterday while searching in the trees for my buzzz. Texted the number, guy said it was mine now. Anyone have any idea what it is or how to find out?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415880192227.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415880192227.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 62
Found this disc yesterday while searching in the trees for my buzzz. Texted the number, guy said it was mine now. Anyone have any idea what it is or how to find out?

It's an Innova disc with what's called a 'protostar' stamp, meaning it's the first main production run of a mold (not necessarily their first release). They use this stamps on a ton of different molds though, so...

Two tips: on the back, you'll usually have a two or three letter code inked (see the "SPD" in the pic a few posts above). I think there's actually a list of their codes at their web site (which of course, I can't load while at work, otherwise I'd have bookmarked it). Second (although it may feel like an intrusion), you could text the guy back & ask...

Sisyphus thanks a ton. On the back it has a star and then i clearly see an x, and then what appears to be a c, or some letter that follows that pattern. On the website the only disc I see that starts with an x is the xcaliber so thats what I'm gonna go with. Again, thanks.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/disc-comparison.html

can anyone help identify this disc? its a westside distance driver. i think its either a world, king, sorcerer, or giant but im not sure.

itkaWTWl.jpg

what's the story on this...

I recently ordered 2 XG Valkyries from the Proshop. They're from the F2 Dx stamped batch. One disc has a traditional Valkyrie rim, the other does not. Directly below are the 2 Valks. The red has a normal slope in the rim, while the orange is flat with no slope. I took a picture of the 2 Valks, and the orange (no slope) with a Roadrunner. I'm curious how such a difference could occur.
19DCE330-6A2F-417E-8707-16E93ACBAF1D_zpsao8ymtfi.jpg

9093A4C4-1062-4301-B13F-E61BB4F64AA1_zpsliuat6ol.jpg

Any idea?

Found this from some guy who selled his discs even he didnt know what disc this is. Some help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 55
Found this from some guy who selled his discs even he didnt know what disc this is. Some help?

Really, that could be any wide rimmed driver. That stampp is used for "First Run" discs of all descriptions.
Look at the underside of the disc, in the middle, there should be a number and a few letters. Tell us what those are and we can ID the disc for you.

Really, that could be any wide rimmed driver. That stampp is used for "First Run" discs of all descriptions.
Look at the underside of the disc, in the middle, there should be a number and a few letters. Tell us what those are and we can ID the disc for you.

There is letters FR DL and 175. Hope that helps

i picked this up from a buddy. its a 150 class, not sure on exact weight. the only info i could dig up on it was that they never came above 150g's
its nice. ive never seen the stamp before
top says
"the leading edge in flying disc technology"

middle
"aviar -flying disc"

bottom "for disc sports by innova"

CIMG0077.jpg

its got san marino tooling,and a patent #

Just pulled one out the water yesterday

1507593_1573975986168191_6074975173464306047_n.jpg

Latest posts