• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

i need help with this disc, its an aviar from 09 brent hambrick mem open. but what is it made of? almost looks like wood in the plastic? never seen a disc like this.....

picture.php
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Without even seeing it, it's very likely that it's R-Wood plastic. I guess it's just R-Pro with wood chips mixed in? I don't know really.

EDIT: Yep.

Without even seeing it, it's very likely that it's R-Wood plastic. I guess it's just R-Pro with wood chips mixed in? I don't know really.

EDIT: Yep.

thanks, i have heard of the r-wood just never seen one so it didnt occur to me they actually had wood in them

so i found a boss today which had "disc golf only" tooled on the back. when did this start? or is there a link to a thread?

Just traded for this. Guy says its a firebird, but this is my first fb, so i figured id check. Also interested in knowing the run, or whatever info is out there. Could this be the fabled FAF?

Attachments

• 0418151950.jpg
    0418151950.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 0418151951.jpg
    0418151951.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 40
this thing is for sale on Ebay right now. I throw XD's and I've never seen anything like it. were these a production run? I have seen barstamp XD's but they had XD written in a different font than here, similar to the current production ones. I kind of want it but the price is quite high imo

$_57.JPG

They did change the font on the stock XD stamp, no idea why. I don't even remember which one was first. That's just a standard production run XD from the early 00's.

They did change the font on the stock XD stamp, no idea why. I don't even remember which one was first. That's just a standard production run XD from the early 00's.

I'm guessing that one on ebay was 1st since the later? bar stamps, pfn, and current runs are all the same font.

Hey guys...I found a disc a while back and was hoping to get some held identifying it. It is an Innova stamped World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend 2011. The rim looks similar to a Valkyrie, but I can't confirm. Anybody know which discs they were selling for WBDGW in 2011? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20150422_101331.jpg
    20150422_101331.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20150422_101416.jpg
    20150422_101416.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 14
  • 20150422_101446.jpg
    20150422_101446.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 21
I wanted to know how old or maybe rare this aviar is: it seems like an older glow aviar and has a san marino stamp and patent numbers. 175g. brand new with old price tag still on it. its beadless, and has a weird pearly wavy pattern in its glow... and it still glows:

if its super rare then I'll sell it, but if not then I'm excited to actually use this for glow rounds. Its tacky and gummy but also firmer than recent runs of DX plastic.

17053988709_56d80e54c4_h.jpg

I LOVE the rocs with that stamp. Stiffer than current dx, but not kc durable. Break in great and awesome grip. Totally different from the current glow stamp discs. Not sure how old they are. The rocs I still find new old stock once in a while. For rocs you are looking at 15 to 20 for mint max weight. But for aviars, not sure at all.

Okay, so I may have gotten okie-doked here on the ol' fleabay.
I purchased a supposed Xout CE Gazelle on a whim.

Here's the listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-era-In...281634125195?ssPageName=ADME:X:RRIRTB:US:3160

What I got was a similar disc, but this one is not milky white transparent, but instead just pretty transparent.
The giveaway that its a different disc is that the markings on the holographic X out stamp don't match.
Otherwise, it seems to have the same tooling, feels like a similar weight (150s), and similar transitional look to the rim plastic.

But, its hard to tell to me if this is actually CE. It has the faint circular record player grooving on the underside, but is not anywhere as sticky or gummy as other CE I have. I do have a CE QMS (2 tone stamp, "appoved") that feels pretty much like regular Champ, so maybe it is just a super late run.
I'm wondering if there is something in the tooling that would help identify (tooling on what I received is identical to what was listed).

Whats the verdict from out there in DGCR land? Return or suck it up and deal?
I HATE dealing with Ebay returns...
Thanks in advance.

Just got more info back from the seller. I'll say, at least the guy is quick to respond.
I still think that if you are selling discs one at a time on ebay, it ought to be the one pictured.

"This disc is exactly the same as the one in the picture, except for the Xout stamp. Exactly the same. I had 6 of these at one point, all from the exact same run of plastic. All confirmed to be the same as the Kangaroo Down Under stamp which is CE (I have a friend who owns one). Are you familiar with this stamp? This disc is for sure 100% the same run of plastic. If you'd like to see one, I can get you a picture of the Kangaroo Down Under stamped Gazelle so you can compare. This is the 5th one I have sold (4th on eBay), and I have had no complaints whatsover from other buyers. Let me know how you'd like to proceed."

Nevermind, spoke too soon. Seller has refused to consider returns, though he does acknowledge he didn't sell me what was pictured... but remains adamant it is the "exact same thing."

Lesson learned.