• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I looks like Zephyr tooling but it doesn't have the Zephyr thumtrac. The first run Zephyrs didn't have thumtrac, but all of those I saw had the barstamp. Maybe just a Zephyr-variant made in premie weights for funzies? At any rate, it prolly wasn't intended to be used for golf.

Thank you three putt It shall go on the wall unless there's a hard core zephyr fan out there

What Cyclones are these?

Both have Walled Lake on bottom, both are the older blended plastic. Red one has 1996 Discraft Great Lakes Open ghost stamps on the flight plate. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Green Blend Cyclone.jpg
    Green Blend Cyclone.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Red Blend Cyclone.jpg
    Red Blend Cyclone.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 11
Here we go in the right thread. Looking to get a model id on the glow disc. Does appear to be an aviar of some vintage but I don't have a lot to compare it to. Let a friend borrow this for a round and he loved it, was hoping to steer him towards one that he could beat in to be like this one.

Background, bought used at play it again for a couple bucks, any model/weight markings are long gone. Has no bead, similar to the champ and jk pro pictured but feels shallower. Inner rim also not as flat, curves into the flight plate a lot more than both the others pictured. Top to bottom 1. Disc in question, 2. Jk-pro aviar, 3. Champion aviar putt and approach (bought from play it again as factory second, may have been mis marked). Looks very similar to the champ but shallower.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 35
Here we go in the right thread. Looking to get a model id on the glow disc. Does appear to be an aviar of some vintage but I don't have a lot to compare it to. Let a friend borrow this for a round and he loved it, was hoping to steer him towards one that he could beat in to be like this one.

Background, bought used at play it again for a couple bucks, any model/weight markings are long gone. Has no bead, similar to the champ and jk pro pictured but feels shallower. Inner rim also not as flat, curves into the flight plate a lot more than both the others pictured. Top to bottom 1. Disc in question, 2. Jk-pro aviar, 3. Champion aviar putt and approach (bought from play it again as factory second, may have been mis marked). Looks very similar to the champ but shallower.
The glow disc is a small bead Aviar. The Omega still uses the small bead Aviar mold.

Both have Walled Lake on bottom, both are the older blended plastic. Red one has 1996 Discraft Great Lakes Open ghost stamps on the flight plate. Thanks for any help!
Those Cyclones are Cyclones. :| They are in the original Tournament Pro plastic. Nothing flies quite like a good old Tourney Pro Cyclone.

I got a Team Challenge disc from Sandy Point and although it looks like a ROC it is factory marked LG-GST. I know GST is G Star but what up with the LG?

Attachments

• sandy roc.jpg
    sandy roc.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 31
I got a Team Challenge disc from Sandy Point and although it looks like a ROC it is factory marked LG-GST. I know GST is G Star but what up with the LG?

Bart, that would be a Legend (LG) Ghost (GST). Legacy discs!

Looking for info on this Innova titd stamped putter. No Aviar marking, San Marino tooling. uploadfromtaptalk1435835044078.jpg

Also came across a similar Roc.

uploadfromtaptalk1435835095167.jpg

Pretty much all the way through the 90's all of the Innova glow disc had that stamp with the mold name toward the bottom.

RE: Putter. In the 90's Innova had two Aviars on the market; the hard DX big bead with the grid stamp and a softer DX (not very soft by today's standards, but soft for the time) small bead with the putt and approach stamp.

90's big bead

90's small bead

Neither one had "Aviar" in the toolong anywhere; they had identical San Marino tooling.

Once you transition to glow discs, the big bead was still in the harder, standard DX and said "Aviar" on the stamp. The small bead was still in a slightly softer DX and said "Putter" on the stamp.

tl;dr: Your glow putter is a small bead Aviar, vintage 90's someplace.

RE: Roc. That stamp went across the change from San Marino to Ontario to Rancho. What does the tooling say?

The Roc has San Marino tooling on it.

Unfortunately, both have massive ink on the back and the Aviar is bleeding through.

An old glow San Marino Roc is a beautiful thing to throw...

The old softer plastic from the 90's would bleed through like crazy, and putting your name in HUGE letters on the back of the flight plate was how it was done. People didn't start inking the rims until you had translucent champ-type discs in the '00's. An old used white Aviar P 'n A or white Discraft Tournament Pro disc is going to have that bleed through. I've got dozens of old discs like that. It usually doesn't kill a deal for a thrower, and most used discs are throwers. Both the small bead Aviar and San Marino Roc have a thrower market, so those discs still have some value. It will kill a deal for a wall hanger, though.

ywMcZ2Pm.jpg

but this is on the under side

A4icRt1m.png

Fire Bird L, or Eagle L??

I cannot decipher the disk abbreviation on this Huk lab disc. Im hoping it is an Eagle L. The other disc in the pictures is a Nate Sexton glow Firebird.

Attachments

• WIN_20150725_123324.jpg
    WIN_20150725_123324.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 34
  • WIN_20150725_123754.jpg
    WIN_20150725_123754.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 35
  • WIN_20150725_123807.jpg
    WIN_20150725_123807.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 27
i be trying to figure out what disc this is 2010 thomas bertrand memorial disc golf tournament i know it an innova

Latest posts