• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Found this interesting older bar-stamp disc at PIAS the other day.

The plastic seems almost like Champion, not hard like DX.

The wing is a little more concave than a Leopard, but not nearly as much as a Gazelle.

I'm thinking it might be an Eagle, it's close to the Star Eagle I have, but not exact.

Any help?

Would someone please help me identify more information about this Roc? My friends and I are stumped.

4fycabym.jpg
That's a DX Roc from the early 00's. They are known as barstamp Rocs, Stable Midrange Rocs, SM Rocs, SMD Rocs or (my personal favorite) right-facing Rocs. They were fantastic flyers made out of great DX plastic, so Roc throwers are usually looking to grab these up if they are in anything close to decent shape.

Looking at that one "close to decent shape" might be an issue. :| It depends on if that's just dirt or not.

I just purchased this last night and my friend wants one like it. Its an MVP Volt in Proton plastic but all I can find anywhere is either solid or see through but nothing that has the spackled pattern. There was only one at the store, can anybody tell me what's so special about this one and/or where I can get another? Throws like a dream.
album.php

I just purchased this last night and my friend wants one like it. Its an MVP Volt in Proton plastic but all I can find anywhere is either solid or see through but nothing that has the spackled pattern. There was only one at the store, can anybody tell me what's so special about this one and/or where I can get another? Throws like a dream.
album.php

Sparkle proton plastic. often found in that blue and red.

They are not super rare but just less common due to being little more to produce. You can call some bigger stores and ask if they have any sparkle proton volts. Searching via ebay too might bring up some cool sparkle MVP as the nice looking discs get put up there by many retailers.

Can anyone tell me anything about either of these?

Attachments

• IMG_20150823_112837857_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150823_112837857_HDR.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20150823_112853082.jpg
    IMG_20150823_112853082.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 21
Anyone identify this disc?

It somehow obtained a strange divot in the rim. Factory second mid-range x-out Innova.

picture.php

Strange Divot:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

any initials in the center on the inside? can't see from the pic.

I had an "X-out" star beast once that had the same rim divot.

Latest posts