• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

No idea...

Any clue what disc this is? It was in my prize pack after winning a tourney this weekend, and I'm clueless as to what it is.

I can tell you that it's almost lid deep, it has some thumb track groove in the top, but not like a Birdie or Banger GT, it is a DX-esque plastic, it is very slow, and is pure beef on the stability scale (I just threw it into a 15 mph headwind with full snap and it did not turn over and it came out with way more fade than I thought likely with this slow of a disc.

Attachments

• 1466376977498-1445768888.jpg
    1466376977498-1445768888.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 57
  • 1466377407257707048321.jpg
    1466377407257707048321.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 1466377465711240992506.jpg
    1466377465711240992506.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 28
Any clue what disc this is? It was in my prize pack after winning a tourney this weekend, and I'm clueless as to what it is.

I can tell you that it's almost lid deep, it has some thumb track groove in the top, but not like a Birdie or Banger GT, it is a DX-esque plastic, it is very slow, and is pure beef on the stability scale (I just threw it into a 15 mph headwind with full snap and it did not turn over and it came out with way more fade than I thought likely with this slow of a disc.
I'd guess it's that new disc from reptilian disc golf. I forget the name tho. There is a thread on a new disc from them. Does it have a "spoiler" on the top?

Isn't that a Gateway War Spear? Or is it a Devil Hawk? I can't keep the two straight. I'm pretty sure the War Spear is the one with the Magic wing.

At any rate, whichever one it is I've thrown one before. Since it had the Magic wing I was expecting it to be stable/understable, but the one I threw was beefy.

I'd guess it's that new disc from reptilian disc golf. I forget the name tho. There is a thread on a new disc from them. Does it have a "spoiler" on the top?
I think you are thinking of the Stego. It's not one of those.

Isn't that a Gateway War Spear? Or is it a Devil Hawk? I can't keep the two straight. I'm pretty sure the War Spear is the one with the Magic wing.

At any rate, whichever one it is I've thrown one before. Since it had the Magic wing I was expecting it to be stable/understable, but the one I threw was beefy.

I think you nailed it with the War Spear ID. Nicely done, sir!

There is VERY LITTLE info on this disc online, but throwing it into the wind made me a believer that this thing is a total brick; I might wait for a whipping round to make any type of conclusion about whether or not that brick tendency is a good or a bad thing.

Last edited:
When did mvp stop printing "maple valley plastics" on the bottom? I have an old Ion with that on it. I'm curious how old it is.

What is the story of this disc and what is it worth?

I love this disc but know nothing about it, can someone help me out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 34
What Disc is This?

Found a disc a while ago, but having trouble identifying the mold. included in the pictures is a Nuke for reference. It's obviously Innova, and the rim size suggests a fairway driver. Flies stable/undertable.

Attachments

• 20160615_194536[1].jpg
    20160615_194536[1].jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 20160615_194613[1].jpg
    20160615_194613[1].jpg
    58 KB · Views: 76
  • 20160615_194652[1].jpg
    20160615_194652[1].jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 71
Lol...the Ching Bomb is a really old, obscure discs that Innova made for Ching in the late 90's from the same mold they used to make the EXP1 for Millennium. The disc in the picture is one of the full color stamped discs that Ching marketed around the same time, but the full color stamps were Innova discs like the Roc, Eagle, TeeBird, etc.

I'd guess Eagle, but I seriously can't tell and Eagle from a TeeBird by look so it could be a TeeBird as well.

I found a champion Eagle today, but it is labeled as a distance driver, not a fairway driver as you would expect. What is the story behind that? Is it the same as the fairway driver version? When and why did Innova classify it differently? Is it worth more because of that? It is striped like a coral snake and no stats are listed. It is an 11 time champion Ken Climo edition.

Lol...the Ching Bomb is a really old, obscure discs that Innova made for Ching in the late 90's from the same mold they used to make the EXP1 for Millennium. The disc in the picture is one of the full color stamped discs that Ching marketed around the same time, but the full color stamps were Innova discs like the Roc, Eagle, TeeBird, etc.

I'd guess Eagle, but I seriously can't tell and Eagle from a TeeBird by look so it could be a TeeBird as well.

They're identical except for the curvature of the top near the edge of the wing. The Eagle is pretty much straight near the edge, the Teebird is slightly convex. The picture of the profile here looks like it would be a Teebird, assuming the bottom wing matches one from a Teebird. Hard to tell due to picture quality and condition of disc.