• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I found a champion Eagle today, but it is labeled as a distance driver, not a fairway driver as you would expect. What is the story behind that? Is it the same as the fairway driver version? When and why did Innova classify it differently? Is it worth more because of that? It is striped like a coral snake and no stats are listed. It is an 11 time champion Ken Climo edition.

It's quite old disc, back in the days those were considered and stamped distance drivers. About 2004 IIRC what I have read about those.
It is eather an Eagle-X or Eagle-L, but basicly a fairway driver by todays standards.

It's worth somewhat more bc it's old, and some people like that soft and grippy older champion plastic of the time.
Check ebay etc. for similar items so you'll find a somewhat value for it on it's current condition. I bealive that L mold eagles are worth more than X:s, bc they were made less and are now Oop.

Heres a link that might help
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87274

It's quite old disc, back in the days those were considered and stamped distance drivers. About 2004 IIRC what I have read about those.
It is eather an Eagle-X or Eagle-L, but basicly a fairway driver by todays standards.

It's worth somewhat more bc it's old, and some people like that soft and grippy older champion plastic of the time.
Check ebay etc. for similar items so you'll find a somewhat value for it on it's current condition. I bealive that L mold eagles are worth more than X:s, bc they were made less and are now Oop.

Heres a link that might help
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87274

I am pretty sure X is worth more because people like them more for throwers.

Can anyone tell me about the Christian Sandström Star Valkyrie? It is PFN... Found it digging in a lake today. In pretty good condition tho.

Can anyone tell me about the Christian Sandström Star Valkyrie? It is PFN... Found it digging in a lake today. In pretty good condition tho.
It was the regular production Star Valk for several years. It would basically be the PFN era Star Valk.

need help with id

DSCN0035.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg its a mid 90s avair san marino
3rd dimension 3-d open wilson park rum village * merrill lynch *wholesale surplus*

Its a mid 90s avair san marino
3rd dimension 3-d open wilson park rum village * merrill lynch *wholesale surplus*

So what is your question exactly? It seems like you identified the disc already. Are you just curious about the tourney (when/where it happened) or what?

That wizard was used on some '96 World's discs (the discs in this thread are from South Bend IN, same location as '96 World's) and it has long been speculated that the GDS Wizard logo idea came from those discs (Davey Mac finished top 50 and cashed in '96 World's.)

Anyway, the 3-D Open was a B tier that they held up there in South Bend in the mid 90's. It was Norm Hezlep's event, same guy who TD'ed World's in '96. I don't know if the wizard was a South Bend thing, a Norm Hezlep thing or some sort of sponsor logo, but I think all of the '96 World's discs had some sort of wizard on them.

just the info i was looking for thanks for the help. not that its for sale but what do you think one of these might go for?

That wizard was used on some '96 World's discs (the discs in this thread are from South Bend IN, same location as '96 World's) and it has long been speculated that the GDS Wizard logo idea came from those discs (Davey Mac finished top 50 and cashed in '96 World's.)

SPECULATED? Wow.
Jesus, seems like the theft of other folks art runs deeper than I though over there.

Can someone ID this Innova Air Force??

I found this and texted/called the guy and got no answer. So now I'm just gonna keep it. Problem is I have no idea what disc it is.

What's this buzzz? It's wasp tooled, perhaps a second first run??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 18
kc pro roc

this kc pro has the large weight written within nipple. There is something special about this disc. I am really wondering when this disc was produced? 8x, 9x?

JODeadWm.jpg

kU4Xx1jm.jpg

I have a Rhyno that is stamped R-pro. But two things make me doubt this is regular R-pro.

One, it is stiff, which is why I bought it in the first place. Stiffer than any R-pro I have ever felt in a Rhyno. It is also stiffer than the few old Pro Rhynos I have felt.

Second, it is not penned on the bottom as R-Ry, which is the marking I have always recalled seeing.

My guess is it is either an incorrectly stamped Dx b/c of how it is labeled. Or maybe transitional Pro/R-pro, but this does not explain how it is penned. I really like this one and am looking to get more like it, but not really sure where to start. I am actually hoping it is just a good blend of Dx that was incorrectly stamped.

Attachments

• rhyno blue bottom.jpg
    rhyno blue bottom.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 11
  • rhyno blue top.jpg
    rhyno blue top.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 12
Weird Stamp On Disc

I found this disc at a course last week. The stamp is really faded but i could tell it was a KC Pro Roc before flight numbers. It has this extra stamp on the right side which looks like a pointy star with something sticking out. It is the same indent as the letters, but I haven't seen anything like it online. Does anyone have an idea of what it might be?

https://2b543ae5-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites...TYTNbobuUemjp_HLAEgGQ42lPlnw==&attredirects=0

Latest posts