• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Definitely a wiped JK Pro, they have 2 different stamps, one is the ultra long straight driver and the other (which you have) just says straight driver. Whoever wiped the stamp did a very good job.

Definitely a wiped JK Pro, they have 2 different stamps, one is the ultra long straight driver and the other (which you have) just says straight driver. Whoever wiped the stamp did a very good job.

If it was wiped you'd be able to hold it at the right angle and see the imprint of the wiped stamp. I certainly have never seen a Valk like that that DIDN'T say JK4X or whatever on it.

Is this the one we spoke about last week?

If so, can we meet up and play this week? Bring the disc and I will bring a JK

My friend gave me this JK pro valkerie and i know it's old (PFN, patent no. ,etc) but i have never seen one with out JK Pro on the stamp...this one does not have it and it was not wiped off....anybody know if i've found something really rare or did they ever doruns with JK pro on the front?

Picture should be uploaded on here....

Thanks

I've had multiple people that know a lot more than I do about older discs say it is not wiped. I'm not planning to sell it, FYI, was just trying to get the full story behind it. I play cedar hills multiple times a week, next time I have a set day/time that I'll be out there I will let you know @Plastic Thunder. Also, I emailed Innova about the missing JK Pro part and their response is below:

Thanks for reaching out to us, it's good to hear from you. I asked around for you on that disc. From what I understand that disc was in regular production several to many years back for a short time. I wouldn't say it is rare, however, it's not in production anymore so that does in a sense make it special. Can you send a photo? I will share it with the group and see if I can gather more information on it for you.

Best wishes,

Kelley McIntosh
Sales/Customer Service Representative
Innova Disc Golf
800-476-3968

I've had multiple people that know a lot more than I do about older discs say it is not wiped. I'm not planning to sell it, FYI, was just trying to get the full story behind it. I play cedar hills multiple times a week, next time I have a set day/time that I'll be out there I will let you know @Plastic Thunder. Also, I emailed Innova about the missing JK Pro part and their response is below:

Thanks for reaching out to us, it's good to hear from you. I asked around for you on that disc. From what I understand that disc was in regular production several to many years back for a short time. I wouldn't say it is rare, however, it's not in production anymore so that does in a sense make it special. Can you send a photo? I will share it with the group and see if I can gather more information on it for you.

Best wishes,

Kelley McIntosh
Innova Disc Golf
800-476-3968

It honestly just looks like a partially wiped stamp. As ILUVSMGS18 stated the swoosh stamped jk pro like yours say "Straight Distance Driver" and the barstamps say "Ultra Long Straight Driver". To my knowledge there has never been a stock "candy pro" run done in valkyries. Where as you will see firebirds, leopards and others in a stock stamp "candy pro". I could be wrong, but I've never seen one and I've seen a couple discs before.

I will also add that a few years ago Innova released some Champion Teebirds without Ken Climo on them, so anything can happen with Innova, but I have never seen a stock candy pro Valkyrie.

Also if it was a stock stamp candy pro it would still say pro or pro line above "Valkyrie" and still have the double pinstripe semi circle from Valkyrie to the swoosh like all the other candy pro.

Thanks for the feedback. Just got another email back from Innova (after I sent them the picture)....see response below:

The feedback that came back was pretty much all in consensus. This is a transition disc, not in production long, and never repeated. Basically meaning it's a Champion Valkyrie with an old stamp.

I hope that you find this information useful. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to trip down memory lane.

Best wishes,

Kelley McIntosh
Innova Disc Golf
800-476-3968

If yall see signs of wiping the stamp please let me know....I don't see them.

Attachments

• 20180122_215044.jpg
    20180122_215044.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20180122_214816.jpg
    20180122_214816.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20180122_215031.jpg
    20180122_215031.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 24
If yall see signs of wiping the stamp please let me know....I don't see them.

Whether it has a wiped stamp or not, unless you can find someone who is looking for this specific run of discs, it will sell for the same as a Candy Pro/Jk Pro of similar wear. Innova has been know to run discs on occasion without a full stamp, and if that is what this is, it is kind of cool, but nothing earth shattering.

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum! I've been getting intensely into disc golf and I'll be seeing you guys here often!

This is a disc I found DEEP in the woods at a local course with no contact info. I believe it is a star cobra but am mesmerized by the stamp. Can anyone give more background on where this came from?

It has innova / Ontario on the back.

Attachments

• 81C0C698-6DC2-4199-9DC5-1037BACEF4BF.jpg
    81C0C698-6DC2-4199-9DC5-1037BACEF4BF.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DB4360CB-F804-437B-9223-2B4D68040BDF.jpg
    DB4360CB-F804-437B-9223-2B4D68040BDF.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 28
Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum! I've been getting intensely into disc golf and I'll be seeing you guys here often!

This is a disc I found DEEP in the woods at a local course with no contact info. I believe it is a star cobra but am mesmerized by the stamp. Can anyone give more background on where this came from?

It has innova / Ontario on the back.

So Innova calls it INNColor. It is a process of putting an image on a disc. It is not dyed or stamped in the normal way. In fact, Innova does not do this themselves or at least they contract these out to some degree. There is a local shop in Georgia that does this for Innova and other companies as well. You can essentially have any image (that is legally yours to use) put on a disc. Dynamic Discs does something like this also with a process called DyeMax. I like this process better because it does not really effect the feel of the disc, where the INNColor feel like it is a vinal sticker that is place on the disc and is a bit slick (making it feel weird to throw). I am not 100% about this info, but feel very confident that I have accurately given you the gist of the answer to you question.

As to the image on the disc, it may be virtually impossible to identify what it is. You can try contacting Disc Stalker to see if they did the image and if they have it on record.

Last edited:
^^ easy to see why it was lost. That's some of the nicest art I've ever seen on a disc, but it's got to be a bear looking for it.

I bet that was a prize from a tourney of some kind. Star cobras aren't a production disc... or at least I don't think they are. Everyone I have ever seen is a small innova logo factory donated ctp disc, or from an Ice Bowl or special event.

...unless someone took their small logo one and had that put onto it.

Last edited:

Latest posts