• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Can someone help me identify this discmania disc it has no tooling or patent on the back of disc. I'm assuming it's a FD but not sure

Attachments

• 20211125_195438.jpg
    20211125_195438.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 20211125_195530.jpg
    20211125_195530.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20211125_195602.jpg
    20211125_195602.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 26
Can someone help me identify this discmania disc it has no tooling or patent on the back of disc. I'm assuming it's a FD but not sure
If it has no tooling it's not an original, so no to FD. It's more likely one of the Yukin/Discmania discs. They had some Active Premium discs and they didn't have tooling.

All black blank disc.. any ideas?

Ok so I got this all-black blank putter in 2007/2008 when I first started playing. I don't think it's a Judge because those usually have the word 'Judge' imprinted on the underside of the disc in the center.

I think it could be a UB Lex but I am not 100% sure as there's pretty much no pictures of them on the internet to compare.

I know it's hard to tell but the bottom side of the disc has no imprints or tooling that says anything about the disc at all.

EDIT: I purchased all my discs online back then as there was no shops in Texas where I was living. Anyone remember any old disc golf vendor sites around the 2007/2008ish era? I probably got it off one of the more well-known sites.

Attachments

• 29FCCB8C-9F37-45F7-AC6B-272A46C14DFD.jpg
    29FCCB8C-9F37-45F7-AC6B-272A46C14DFD.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 25B989AE-A681-4AE4-ABC4-D459282735E6.jpg
    25B989AE-A681-4AE4-ABC4-D459282735E6.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 70AF8969-22EC-489D-87FB-79A4CBC8094D.jpg
    70AF8969-22EC-489D-87FB-79A4CBC8094D.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 38
Ok so I got this all-black blank putter in 2007/2008 when I first started playing. I don't think it's a Judge because those usually have the word 'Judge' imprinted on the underside of the disc in the center.

I think it could be a UB Lex but I am not 100% sure as there's pretty much no pictures of them on the internet to compare.

I know it's hard to tell but the bottom side of the disc has no imprints or tooling that says anything about the disc at all.

EDIT: I purchased all my discs online back then as there was no shops in Texas where I was living. Anyone remember any old disc golf vendor sites around the 2007/2008ish era? I probably got it off one of the more well-known sites.
UB was waaayyy after 2007. So was the Judge. 2007 was Innova/Millennium/Discraft/DGA/Gateway/Quest. Discmania and Lat 64 were just starting then. Innova/Millennium/Discraft/DGA/Discmania would all have tooling.

NOTE: All I see in the picture is a black blob; I can't really see the wing shape.

2007 was the year the Warlock came out and the 1080 Radius version of the Warlock was also out then. I had a first run Warlock with no tooling. Quest had a putter called the Crossfire; all I know is it existed, I don't recall anything about it. Lat 64 was just starting then and the Sinus was out; it doesn't look like a Sinus to me but I'm not seeing much detail in the picture.

Other than that, there were not a lot of oddball putters out there. Pacific Cycle Mercury, RPM Tui, Daredevil Beaver. The Beaver and Tui from what I recall were Wizard clones and the disc in your picture doesn't look like a Wizard. Ching had putters, but they had the weird indents in the flight plate. For old-old school it's not an 86 Softie or a Lightning Rubber Putter.

There really wasn't all that many options out there.

I'd start my comparing it to a Warlock and go from there.

The profile pic looks something like an Innova XD. But, like Three Putt stated, being Innova it would then have tooling on the underside.

Maybe it is a flattened/beat in Quest #2 Putter. These came out in 2000.
Profile pic of #2 Putter here.https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...sc1YteE0?resourcekey=0-ZGYxIq-bI-AC-_L_JVpibA

But, I don't know if #2 Putters were produced in black. I've always seen them in orange multicolors.

The profile pic looks something like an Innova XD. But, like Three Putt stated, being Innova it would then have tooling on the underside.

Maybe it is a flattened/beat in Quest #2 Putter. These came out in 2000.
Profile pic of #2 Putter here.https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...sc1YteE0?resourcekey=0-ZGYxIq-bI-AC-_L_JVpibA

But, I don't know if #2 Putters were produced in black. I've always seen them in orange multicolors.
Oh, yeah. That's a Lightning #2 putter. That's a definite possibility. Does it float? The #2 Putter was a floater.

I recently got this disc together with a bag on ebay and I'm curious what it is. The writing on the underside seems to indicate an a2, but these were PDGA approved in 2015.
Thanks in advance for any tips...
8b2e836b0a77e53e6540600789615016.jpg

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk

Sorry for bad resolution pic in previous post.
79e06081b17b994fb7655a42462ae759.jpg

This is how it looks like from the side (I don't know how to post multiple photos in one post, sorry)
18924fe57528e4543c5fae0ab9d1161e.jpg

UB was waaayyy after 2007. So was the Judge. 2007 was Innova/Millennium/Discraft/DGA/Gateway/Quest. Discmania and Lat 64 were just starting then. Innova/Millennium/Discraft/DGA/Discmania would all have tooling.

NOTE: All I see in the picture is a black blob; I can't really see the wing shape.

2007 was the year the Warlock came out and the 1080 Radius version of the Warlock was also out then. I had a first run Warlock with no tooling. Quest had a putter called the Crossfire; all I know is it existed, I don't recall anything about it. Lat 64 was just starting then and the Sinus was out; it doesn't look like a Sinus to me but I'm not seeing much detail in the picture.

Other than that, there were not a lot of oddball putters out there. Pacific Cycle Mercury, RPM Tui, Daredevil Beaver. The Beaver and Tui from what I recall were Wizard clones and the disc in your picture doesn't look like a Wizard. Ching had putters, but they had the weird indents in the flight plate. For old-old school it's not an 86 Softie or a Lightning Rubber Putter.

There really wasn't all that many options out there.

I'd start my comparing it to a Warlock and go from there.

So another putter I bought around that time was actually one of the first runs of Latitude 64's ultra soft Sinus. I can literally fold the thing into a ball like a Blowfly just to get an idea of how flexible it is.

It is VERY possible that I ordered another Latitude 64 putter but I honestly can't think of what it would be. The only reason why I came to the conclusion that it could be a UB Lex or a Judge is because those are the two discs I've seen that were all blank black putters so far.

And I'll try to take a pic of the side profile with flash on because I agree it's not the easiest to tell unless you download the picture and blow it up.

I'm just trying to recall any online vendor sites that were around back in that era because perhaps I can search through my email to see if I got an order confirmation from any sites.

I recently got this disc together with a bag on ebay and I'm curious what it is. The writing on the underside seems to indicate an a2, but these were PDGA approved in 2015.
Thanks in advance for any tips...
8b2e836b0a77e53e6540600789615016.jpg

Pic of the bottom and markings?

This is how it looks like from the side (I don't know how to post multiple photos in one post, sorry)
18924fe57528e4543c5fae0ab9d1161e.jpg

The profile is not a Prodigy A2. it looks like a Discraft Magnet or Legacy Clutch. Magnets have been around for a long time, and Clutches came out in 2012.

So another putter I bought around that time was actually one of the first runs of Latitude 64's ultra soft Sinus. I can literally fold the thing into a ball like a Blowfly just to get an idea of how flexible it is.

It is VERY possible that I ordered another Latitude 64 putter but I honestly can't think of what it would be. The only reason why I came to the conclusion that it could be a UB Lex or a Judge is because those are the two discs I've seen that were all blank black putters so far.

And I'll try to take a pic of the side profile with flash on because I agree it's not the easiest to tell unless you download the picture and blow it up.

I'm just trying to recall any online vendor sites that were around back in that era because perhaps I can search through my email to see if I got an order confirmation from any sites.
Marshall Street was around then. Gotta Go Gotta Throw was around then. Sun King was around then. Disc Golf Center started around that time I believe. Old places like Discovering the World, Disc Golf World, Clearwater Disc Golf and The Wright Life were online then. Those were the places I was ordering from back then.

Sorry for bad resolution pic in previous post.
79e06081b17b994fb7655a42462ae759.jpg

The Daisy Chains Women's Disc Golf Tournament appears to have been held at the Pinto Lake course in Watsonville, CA for multiple years. It was sponsored by Legacy Discs in 2014 and 2016. Maybe they sponsored it in 2012 also?

Are you sure there is no tooling on the plastic on the underside of the disc? If it says something like Innova Champion Discs, INC, that would give it away as a Legacy Clutch.

There are no other markings other than the ones in the photo here...
70d180e6cbfa37af55435e6b17919ac4.jpg

100% Clutch. That's how Legacy marks their discs, and that's probably Protege or Excel plastic which would explain the P or E that has faded below the weight of 172.

Anyone know about these discs?

Two with the poem have Thomas p. Christiansen in the stamp and the yellow has just T. Christiansen. Can't find much about these on the ol interwebs.

Attachments

• 20220509_094316.jpg
    20220509_094316.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 20
Two with the poem have Thomas p. Christiansen in the stamp and the yellow has just T. Christiansen. Can't find much about these on the ol interwebs.
He was a Chicago-area guy who used to sell custom-stamped discs. He would do the art and order the discs and then sell them, you used to see them in liquor stores and gas stations in Chicago in the late 90's-early 00's. I think I still have one around here someplace.

He was a Chicago-area guy who used to sell custom-stamped discs. He would do the art and order the discs and then sell them, you used to see them in liquor stores and gas stations in Chicago in the late 90's-early 00's. I think I still have one around here someplace.

I think he used to travel to tournaments with Dan Harbeck...

I think he even TD'd a few events in the Northern and West suburbs of Chicago...

Latest posts