• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found in PIAS the other day a disc from 1995. Stamped with RDGA approved. I believe it was a magnet. Didn't buy it at the time, if anyone knows what this is, and could let me know, I'd be appreciative. I don't have a picture. Sorry.

thats a pretty vague description buddy.

There was a lot going on on the stamp... I will go back tomorrow and see if it is still there and snap a picture. but it was in pretty rough shape so I decided to leave it in the bin.

It had a mach looking basket atop the stamp with a "9" on the hole marker plate. I know I'm not giving you much to go off of, but if it's something of value I want to go back and pick it up. It's only 5 bucks.

RDGA was the "Recreational Disc Golf Association" and was administered by DGA. They sold some 150 class discs as "Official R.D.G.A. Disc Golf Discs" that were Discraft molds. Some of them had a pretty generic stamp with circles around a basket. Sometimes they changed the name a little, like the Hawks were sold by DGA as the "Hawkeye." If it looked like a Magnet, it prolly was a Magnet. Nothing really special about them.

Last edited:
Gateway threw in a free disc with my last order. No stamp, but it says "S-Proto Mid" on the bottom. Does the S mean it's a Scout, or is that just in reference to the S-Series plastic?

gateway01.jpg

gateway02.jpg

gateway03.jpg

gateway04.jpg

It's definitely not hard to turn over, even for my inexperienced arm. First time I put any power into a throw, it turned right over and sailed 20 feet back into the swampy, cat tail filled marsh in my back yard. I honestly can't believe I even found it again. When I found it I was ten feet in and already knee deep, and it was still another ten feet out. Wound up grabbing some scrap wood to build a path to walk on to get out to the disc.

Pro Pig Colors?

I have two orange Pro Pigs and have had several white ones. I have only seen one other player who had an orange Pro Pig. Were Pro Pigs made in any colors other than white & orange? How rare were non white Pro Pigs?

tourney stamped from 2003 is about 50/50 ce/champion
but I'm going to guess it's probably champion... pics maybe.

what years were dx aviars run with the chains/circle stamp?

please don't answer if you don't know. no information is better than bad information.

thanks.

Anyone have an idea on what this disc is? I was thinking maybe a champion viper. It's marked 180 and has a bead unlike any other disc I have laying around. Thanks for any help.

I just picked up a discraft comet today and on the bottom it has patent numbers and says Walled Lake Mi. Are these older runs? I did not know discraft was ever located at Walled Lake, I know they are Wixom Mi. I have another comet and it has no tooling at all. Just want a time frame when the were in Walled Lake.
Thanks

I just picked up a discraft comet today and on the bottom it has patent numbers and says Walled Lake Mi. Are these older runs? I did not know discraft was ever located at Walled Lake, I know they are Wixom Mi. I have another comet and it has no tooling at all. Just want a time frame when the were in Walled Lake.
Thanks
No idea when they moved to Wixom. They were in Walled Lake in the 90's. The Comet was molded back in '95 and the tooling was never changed. They got rid of all the tooling during the patent number fiasco last year, but up until last Summer all Comets said Walled Lake, even the Z runs that came out long after they moved to Wixom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts