• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately not a whippet. It looks pretty Viper-like to me.

Viper. I was throwing in heavy winds today and actually took a close look at dx and star Vipers and a star Whippet. Viper is notched with a small bead and concave profile. Whippet is unnotched, beadless, shallow concavity, and a much thicker nose.

Thanks guys. :thmbup: I just found an old 1995 National Doubles Viper and after comparing the two, i'm almost certain that it's a Viper. Also the fact that it is marked 180.

OK, I have been playing for a while but not in the main stream of PDGA members or tournaments so I don't have a huge knowledge of information about discs. My buddy pulled this disc out of his bag and I had to take a pic and ask "What is this disc worth?" But any information would be helpful on the rarity of this disc.

It has the year 1994 on it and it is a rainbow colored stamp. Maybe a 6/10 Sorry about the pic quality, I took it with my phone

Attachments

• gazelle.jpg
    gazelle.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 18
ok sorry just realized this is the wrong forum to ask that question

anybody help a discer out?

Not a clue as to what this is:confused:

Also its pretty stable even driving. Its a smaller diameter as well very flexy. And its innova. So far its been suggested to me as an old dx goblin. But I am not so sure

Attachments

• unknwn_1340312868479.jpg
    unknwn_1340312868479.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
it looks like it might be a golf disc of some kind

with a wing profile pic someone on here may be able to help you

Yea sorry meant to post em both

Attachments

• 2012-06-21 17.56.03.jpg
    2012-06-21 17.56.03.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 20
Yea sorry meant to post em both

hammer..?

4406f1f8.jpg

Idk the hammer looks like it has a bead which mine doesn't. Also the edge is blunted like I've never seen before (could be wear) but bot bottom and top wings meet the edge and bump before it flattens. Definitely could be a small diamidrange

Attachments

• unknwn_1340316901319.jpg
    unknwn_1340316901319.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 11
  • unknwn_1340316937405.jpg
    unknwn_1340316937405.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 7
Idk the hammer looks like it has a bead which mine doesn't. Also the edge is blunted like I've never seen before (could be wear) but bot bottom and top wings meet the edge and bump before it flattens. Definitely could be a small diamidrange

i didnt know if the bead had worn off...

Can't find a wing picture to corraborate the aero. As for the bead wearing off I'm not so sure because of the uniformity of the wear it would've had to have. Thanks for the pics though I've just been stumped since I dug it out of the bargain bin.

i just looked back and seen it has a 2009 stamp...im almost 100% its a goblin.... a goblin is a scale downed aero....

Thanksa bunch moose I was just about to relay that it was an 09 tourney stamp. Wasn't sure if the pic showed it well enough. Also did not know about the aero. Keep up the Excellence!

I have a goblin I can compare it to but it will probably be tomorrow morning before I can get to it.

Dart I've heard as well but I think the bottom wing is different. And skeeters are usually made with a dome,no? And this disc looks as if it was made with a flat plate to start. If it is a dx then it is definitely a keeper run of it. Seems to have taken wear nicely.

Oh and thanks I would appreciate a goblin pic to compare it with

Status
Not open for further replies.