• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only glow comets worth anything more than $20 are the "Aliens ate my discs" stamped ones. You can still buy team stamped glow comets off of DD's site so I would assume a bunch were made.

I would disagree with you on that one. I've see the "saturn" comets in glo go for big bucks...

oh yeah I forgot about those glow saturns, yeah those are worth a few more bucks than normal. But the new Z ones aren't worth anything.

whats the deal with this??

$T2eC16ZHJF0E9nmFSuE7BRDshcQb3w~~60_57.JPG

^just an older dx beast.
nothing to be excited about! :)
it may be the "old" mold though :\

2 unknown Innova Champion drivers

The first is an orange Innova Champion driver, type unknown. Has a partially faded print reading "2008 Steamboat Open | A s.a.d.l Project | September 20-21 2008 | Steamboat Springs, CO"
You can still see the green print of mountains, a skier jumping toward the basket. underneath was a moose and a bear

The second is a white Innova Champion driver. It has a waitress serving beer. That's all I know about this one

Can anybody tell me what discs these are?

Attachments

• IMG_8850.jpg
    IMG_8850.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8853.jpg
    IMG_8853.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 19
This Comet has the newer Z line stamp. It also has the old tooling on the back with the mold name and Walled Lake. I've never seen these two things overlap. Something normal? Maybe old disc with new stamp? First photo is the front. The second is of the raised letters that didn't photograph well because it's a sap/honey color. Thanks.
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj543/inthebasket/IMG_20130210_151425_zpse9f0e347.jpg
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj543/inthebasket/IMG_20130210_151512_zps64a6fe48.jpg

This Comet has the newer Z line stamp. It also has the old tooling on the back with the mold name and Walled Lake. I've never seen these two things overlap. Something normal? Maybe old disc with new stamp? First photo is the front. The second is of the raised letters that didn't photograph well because it's a sap/honey color. Thanks.
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj543/inthebasket/IMG_20130210_151425_zpse9f0e347.jpg
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj543/inthebasket/IMG_20130210_151512_zps64a6fe48.jpg
Iv'e seen new circle stamp Z comets with the Walled Lake tooling. I think they took the tooling out of the mold only a couple years or less ago.

They recently ran (Nov 2012) about 300 of those throwback wizards. Were described by Dave to be much like the proto wizards in feel and grip. I know they stamped some with the 2012 Ozark Mountian Open and the rest had the throwback stamps.

Whats up with this wizard? Anybody know how many were made?

604165_10151315148817955_1778868785_n_zps257af958.jpg

Blank Disc: Any Ideas?

In early 2004 I found this disc in the water drain at Ralph M. Lewis Park in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. It is a white milky color in what appears to be a pearly champion plastic. If my memory serves me correct, I recall that the disc had the abbreviation "BST" on the back (Older Mold Beast?). The disc never had a stamp on it, so I always figured it was some type of test run disc from the Innova Factory down the street?

I thought I would post pictures in this thread and see if there are any expert opinions on what disc this might be?

Thanks in Advance!

Attachments

• Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 18
Looks like a pearly beast to me, plus it was marked as a beast!

In early 2004 I found this disc in the water drain at Ralph M. Lewis Park in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. It is a white milky color in what appears to be a pearly champion plastic. If my memory serves me correct, I recall that the disc had the abbreviation "BST" on the back (Older Mold Beast?). The disc never had a stamp on it, so I always figured it was some type of test run disc from the Innova Factory down the street?

I thought I would post pictures in this thread and see if there are any expert opinions on what disc this might be?

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks PFort and inthebasket for the input!

I was pretty sure the disc was an old mold Beast. I wasn't sure how common it was that Innova would release a disc without a stamp printed on it...

looking for info on 2 discs:
1. This orange magnet(pics are attached) has a discraft sticker that I have never seen and wanted more info on. Also, I couldn't find any info about the tourney that it was made for. I found the disc last summer in cape cod, MA. It looks brand new unthrown to me, and I am thinking 90's but am not sure at all, so what's the deal??
2. Is this white disc a roc?(given that it is marked "R" in pen and is 180g) I got it as part of a player's package at a course in Maine about 2005. The top stamp is just the course name and logo, so I wasn't sure of the disc's 'pedigree'. It is also, I would say, a very flat-shaped disc.
OwVVeBNl.jpg

Thanks for any info!

Attachments

• 6uyEM1Xl.jpg
    6uyEM1Xl.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 18
  • jfk1u6Ol.jpg
    jfk1u6Ol.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 7Wet4RCl.jpg
    7Wet4RCl.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
1) yeah that looks like an old 90s magnet. Cool disc, too bad about the light weight.

2) yeah that's a roc, prob a rancho but you can just look on the underside to see which roc mold it is. Just look for it to say rancho cucamonga, Ontario, or San Marino.

Are the patent numbers always on the top side of Pro Line Rhynos? Never seen that on any other disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts