• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
orc was 1st feb.2005

star valk was feb.2006
DX valk was 2001

^^^this...they are always marked S.VL or *VL

Does that info come from the disc golf sweden website? I guess I just ran into the wraith in star plastic a year or so before the others.

I know that guy that you traded/sold it from. Mark is a great stand up guy, and has really great prices.

Tell Me About This Disc 2001 ORIGINAL PUMPKIN INNOVA VERY RARE

My Co-Worker has a variety of discs , most of them from 91' and one from 89'. Today I come in and I see something astonishing, something I remember seeing from a website.. It was in a section of 2001 SP Rocs that were priced in $1500.

An Original 2001 Innova Pumpkin Disc. I know discs and I can tell that this is in-fact real, and in no-way is it a dyed disc to replicate the very rare pumpkin.

Can someone tell me more about what disc this is, I dont think its the roc because of the edges, but I cant find ANYTHING on this disc.

Where did it come from?

How many did they make

where did they give these out?

How much is it worth?

Basically everything about this disc... I was told in another thread that on ebay a pumpkin was put on for 2.5k, but wasn't sold.

2qusohs.jpg

25i6v79.jpg

Embossing on the back says
"PATENT NO. 4,568,297. INNOVA CHAMPION DISCS INC. RANCHO CUCAMONGA CA USA 91730. Weight is 166g

P.S. It is reversed because I took the picture on a mac so it is mirror imaged.

is that a 1 or a 7?
and the wing looks awfully big to be a Roc

are you sure it's not a Destroyer from 2007?

It's a driver, not a Roc. Valk maybe? Firebird?

The only reason the 2001 Pumpkin Roc is worth $1500 is 1. It's a 2001 Roc, which is as a whole the most sought after year, and 2. There are at most 2 of them.

It's not really worth that much. Even though there were probably less than 1000 printed, dx plastic from the 2000's (especially driver plastic) doesn't really hold any special value.

i dont know much about it but thats the right year for CE plastic but that looks more like dx from the picture..and the rim is really wide.. maybe destroyer or something along those lines.. dunno what year those came out tho

An Original 2001 Innova Pumpkin Disc. I know discs and I can tell that this is in-fact real, and in no-way is it a dyed disc to replicate the very rare pumpkin.

Gettin a bit big for your britches there arent ya? Have you seen what some of the guys who dye can do?

I will get a picture flat on my ipad and ill upload it when I get home. No wireless here. I don't believe that its a destroyer, my reasoning is that I use a destroyer and it doesn't feel like one at all. It feels roc, just without the roc edge... hard to explain but i will get a picture.

But the explaination of why the roc is worth much more makes sense. But I would think that if this pumpkin is legit it would still fetch a hefty amount since i cannot find even a picture of a Pumpkin disc other than that website.

allow me to clarify...im not saying that its not possible that it is a legit innova marking, Im just saying that give it some time to get the feedback you are looking for before making such assumptions.

I just took pictures from a few different angles, its definitely not a destroyer unless it has changed form since 2001. It is domey. not more flat like the destroyer

only reason i dont think it will be worth much is its just worn dx plastic..if someone wanted it they would prob be a collector and want to hang it on the wall and most of the time they want mint....but i hope im wrong buddy :thmbup:.. when you tilt it under light you cant see any letters near the weight? .. have you look at discgolfsweden? they have great disc info there dunno about pumkins but you could find out what innova drivers were being made that year

rocs look like this....

DSC09929.jpg

destroyer was made in 2007......we were asking if your sure it is not a "7" on the front like 2007 not 2001

i think the 07 pumpkin discs have the year in the nose section of the face.. dunno if all of them do but most i have seen do

The pumpkin destroyer I saw had the word "innova" in the mouth, so I'm voting against that being a pumpkin destroyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.