• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it says 2001
I think it says 2007

it's DX by the look of the beating it has taken

the 2007 Dessys looked like that but were Star

either way
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's worth jack diddly

I know it's not a roc. And I can tell its not a 2007 because looking at the image on this website...
http://www.championroc.com/category.php?id=2
It is the same exact number.

Roc, no. But that doesn't say its a roc neither, but I'm sure thats what they meant because its a Roc website.

I will look in light and see if it has letters and ill check discgolfsweden.

also
ManU , why do you say its worth jack diddly?

my answer is what juju said

sorry

aren't the uber expensive 2001 Pumpkin Rocs CE?
rarity plus plastic = not jack diddly

one final piece

if this was a "special" disc with extreme value I suspect there would be a bit more knowledge about it
and/or someone on here would be offering something for it

edit: I will agree that reference to the website would suggest that it is 2001 not 2007

so maybe it's a DX FB

my answer is what juju said

sorry

aren't the uber expensive 2001 Pumpkin Rocs CE?
rarity plus plastic = not jack diddly

one final piece

if this was a "special" disc with extreme value I suspect there would be a bit more knowledge about it
and/or someone on here would be offering something for it

edit: I will agree that reference to the website would suggest that it is 2001 not 2007

so maybe it's a DX FB

Well with that being said, and it being 2001 and no one having the knowledge of it.. even though it ISNT a roc, it must be very rare that no one has seen it or can find it or information about it anywhere.

Like I said, I have taken pictures from a few angles that I will post in about an hour or so and we can find out what disc it actually is.

But if the pumpkin stamp from 2001, which is the same exact one as this one, is worth over a thousand, maybe two thousand dollars... why does that make this NON roc worth nothing, not even over 100? Just being a roc doesn't make that much sense.

I think I saw Mike C with a pumpkin roc in one of his Roc/Wizard videos... but I'm pretty sure it had innova written in the mouth of the pumpkin though.

Innova has been releasing pumpkin discs for a while. I would still wager than your disc is a 2001 pumpkin disc, but like I said earlier, dx discs don't carry much value on the collector's market unless it's an out of print disc. Generally molds and plastics are what dictate prices. Stamps are just a nice bonus.

But if the pumpkin stamp from 2001, which is the same exact one as this one, is worth over a thousand, maybe two thousand dollars... why does that make this NON roc worth nothing, not even over 100? Just being a roc doesn't make that much sense.

Also keep in mind that those super collectable Rocs are only available in premium plastic once a year.

How much does a dx firebird with a stock stamp from 2001 cost on the collectors market? Mint? Maybe $15.

How much does a CE 2001 Roc with a stock stamp cost on the collectors market? Between $400 and $500.

If you can find someone that would pay $100 for a used 2001 dx disc, more power to you.

Good points Timko

But here are pictures, I'm sure someone can determine what this is from these pictures. Every possible angle you need.

mail-9.jpg

mail-10.jpg

mail-11.jpg

mail-12.jpg

Who knows what it really is man. But to be brutally honest, if it was actually worth more than say $100, a lot of collectors on here would be hounding you for it. It is pretty cool though, but nothing really spectacular.

ummm
I assume the visible written weight is not original but a later addition

can you look real close to the nipple and see if there is any hint of the original weight AND disc initials?

try using a pencil and piece of paper to shade over the area like in a detective movie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.