• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this in the mail today, clearly a Viper. Anything special I need to know?

EFkkL.jpg

Basically, the initials on the bottom of the disc didn't start until he Eagle/TeeBird came out in '99. Before that they sometimes stamped the mold on the bottom of custom-stamped discs like this whippet.

088.jpg

It was pretty hit or miss, though. I have a Viper and a Shark from WB '95 and neither of them has any marking on them to indicate what they are.

I got a DX Hydra in a lot of discs...It has a silver stamp and the weight it on the stamp...I have another Hydra that the stamp does not have the weight in it. Is there anything special about the silver stamped?

Grabbed a Z Comet from the local disc shop today and it was labeled "bald top" (by the store not a factory packaging). Anything special about it or just some slang that means it doesn't have a stamp?

I just posted a new thread about a disc and I knew this thread was around, but couldn't find it. Now I've found it so I'll repost my question and get rid of my thread.

Found this disc in my garage along with an Ultimate disc that I probably haven't thrown in like 6+ years. I don't remember getting this DG disc as I am just now getting into the scene. I can only guess I found the disc in a park somewhere and kept it in my car with my ultimate disc. Was just curious to know more about it. I'm familiar with the Roc, but I've never seen the Monkey before...

20120529_171741.jpg

Innova Glo Roc
20120529_171749.jpg

Unfortunately it has a hole in the center and the plastic seems very brittle...like a plastic that is just old and been out in the sun for too long.
20120529_171802.jpg

Hey evryone! I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen a DX stamped Pro Rhyno? I have a white Rhyno that is marked PRY on the back, and doesn't feel like DX, but it has the DX stamp on the front. It actually feels like stiff KC Pro plastic to me. I'll try to get a pic up if I need to, just wondering if there was a run of these at some point...thanks!

Hey evryone! I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen a DX stamped Pro Rhyno? I have a white Rhyno that is marked PRY on the back, and doesn't feel like DX, but it has the DX stamp on the front. It actually feels like stiff KC Pro plastic to me. I'll try to get a pic up if I need to, just wondering if there was a run of these at some point...thanks!
pics would be necessary. to my knowledge the never ran pro rhynos with a dx stamp. there are champ rhynos out there with a DX stamp too, so i suppose it is possible.

I've seen several pros in the Charlotte area with dx stamped pro Rhynos. This is probably a couple years ago though. I recall them being firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.