• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a Avery Jenkins Star Destroyer and noticed that the marking on the bottom is *WL or *WR. Did they accidentally mark it as a wraith? I compared it to a wraith and destroyer and I'm pretty sure it's a Destroyer.

Any one see others like this?

Thanks.

i have an Gateway Element that is Evo pro-line but it is similar to champion plastic, i thought pro-line was closer to star plastic. any gateway experts out there?

^ It is Lat64 attempt to find a baseline plastic for their discs. They have done 2 different runs with 2 different plastics(IIRC).

I picked this roc up yesterday from PIAS. It was in the used bin but is brand new other than some storage wear and some dirt stains on the inside of the rim. I swear that this is a ching roc. It is very firm and flat. I had a Mooky's Cat ching roc in the past and the stamp looks like it was done like that instead of normal dx stamps.

What do you think?

Edit: It looks reddish in the pictures but that is the color of my shirt reflecting off of the disc.

Attachments

• 2012-06-29_14.22.50.jpg
    2012-06-29_14.22.50.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 48
I picked this roc up yesterday from PIAS. It was in the used bin but is brand new other than some storage wear and some dirt stains on the inside of the rim. I swear that this is a ching roc. It is very firm and flat. I had a Mooky's Cat ching roc in the past and the stamp looks like it was done like that instead of normal dx stamps.

What do you think?

Edit: It looks reddish in the pictures but that is the color of my shirt reflecting off of the disc.

my gf found a mooky's cup roc and has been using it for years, it is definitely flat/stiff. i never looked too much into the disc so im watching for responses curiously.

What do you think?

dont think that is coinsidered ching.....the one witht the picture of the cats head is...

Yeah Mooky's cat is definitely ching. The reason why I think this one is a ching roc is because of how the stamp looks on the disc. *shrug*

CE Question

Which CE is more valuable: Opaque or translucent?

The question refers to Teebirds and Firebirds-

Thanks!

I recently purchased a few discs from PIAS... I really didn't need any, but I purchased them just because of the mystery. Can I please get some help with these three discs?

1) I purchased a disc by the name of "The Maximizer". I never really heard of it and was curious how the disc threw.

2) I purchased a used disc that looks like it was made out of green champion plastic. The stamp says, "Tim Selinske U.S. Masters Disc Golf Championships 2011" Around rim in smaller print it states, "April 8, 9, 10; The Shawshack Course; Huntsville, Texas; PDGA Pro/Am; sponsored by Innova" I could have sworn that the bottom of the disc had either a RA or KA (I was thinking it could have been a Katana) but it is not illegible.

3) Once again, this disc looks like it was made out of clear Champion plastic. The stamp states, "Educational Disc Golf Experience, Tournament Charity Program". The only thing on the bottom of the disc that I can read is the previous owners hone number.

Can I please get any information on these discs I purchased?

1) maximizer was made by the same people that made the optimizer. only good thing about them is they are good for beginners and even that is questionable.

2) it is a katana.

3) need more info on the edge disc. these are usually light weight discs that innovations sends to schools that are trying to put disc golf in their pe curriculum. however i didn't think they were champion plastic. it sounds like it was a fundraising disc for the program

CWSfan16

Thank you for all the information so far. This link shows two pictures of the last disc in question, a picture of the edge profile, and a picture of the actual disc. If you can figure which disc it is by the profile, I would greatly appreciate it.

I haven't seen that version of the stamp :) And i am pretty sure that it is a ching stamp. The ones that i have seen in the past just had the cat's head on it.

Can anyone tell me what "puddletop" means in term of SE Rhynos? I just picked a couple up and don't know how to tell if they are this allegedly desirable type of Rhynos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts