• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got a bunch of early 'shaky z' logo buzzzes in trade and have tried to determine the run on this 178g baby (of course using our ever informative search function here) but have come away more puzzled than ever.

according to research this buzzz (which is buzzz tooled) hadn't appeared on the scene yet, but the tourney it is from was was held feb, 2003! (research from the pdga database) also, this is disc is as flat as any z buzzz i've ever seen.

cool looking disc, as are the other two i'll be selling soon. the disc with the red tourney stamp is uber grippy! never felt one like this before.

would appreciate any info and relative pricing estimates. thank you.
1_zps1d55dc09.jpg

4_zps56d7eb51.jpg

2_zpsd211b243.jpg

The plastic certainly looks like it could be Barstamp Era, but it's possible that disc was stamped with an older tourney stamp for whatever weird reason.

Yeah, definitely. It's something that will bring in a ton of money, but there are certainly collectors out there who would be interested.

While we're on Aviars, Allurex do you know if they changed the KC Aviar mold from 11x to 12x? I have a new run KC and a 11x and they look quite different.

I picked up a Champion disc with the first run stamp on it, marked DR on the back. Is this a dominator? There isn't an abbreviation listed for them on the innova website.

While we're on Aviars, Allurex do you know if they changed the KC Aviar mold from 11x to 12x? I have a new run KC and a 11x and they look quite different.

Many 11x Aviars were San Marino molds, so that may be the difference. There are also a bunch of early 12xs that were Sannys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts