• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'd like to take a dg trip....

Clarkey

Birdie Member
But I'm not sure the best place for us to go. I reside in Canada and we have a fraction of the courses you guys have in the US. I've somehow convinced my wife and family that we need to take a trip somewhere in the states so I can play disc on some of your courses.

So to be completely honest, I haven't travelled much in the states, so I'm not to familiar. I suppose somewhere in the northern states would be easier on drive time, as we will be driving. I've got two young children and a large dog, so something to keep them entertained while I play in disc heaven is a must. All my wife really needs is a shopping mall though lol.

I'd also like to go to a dg store if possible. We've seen/heard of the clearwater store and apparently there's tons of courses around there. But it may be too long a drive for our first trip. That's why I was thinking northern states first....

I'd love to hear what you guys think. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot....

Thanks!

PA has some nice courses on both sides of the state

Clarkey you gotta get out and about! North Carolina has a lot of courses concentrated in areas. However, I would not like to spend my VaK in Charlotte, from your wife's perspective. Florida and California are good states tho!!

you need opti or bcr or some of the other PA guys to tell you that. maybe hershey for the kids?

Yes, I do need to play more courses. This is really my first year playing at a competitive level. I've played 10+ years on the same course, recreationally. So that's why I'd like to start travelling :)

PA looks promising tbh. and yeah I'd love to hear from the locals about fam shtuff

Yeah, I'd suggest Michigan or Oregon depending on where you live in Canada.

Western MI has some nice courses in the Ludington area. Probably about 5 hours or so from the border if you cross over in Sarnia/Port Huron which is going to be your easiest cross over compared to Detroit if you come this way.

I'm looking at the map as you guys give me suggestions. Getting good ideas here! Need someone from PA to tell me about the amenities and such....as that looks like an easy drive from where I am...

I'd probably enter the states from Niagara falls/Buffalo

South out of the East end of Ontario into NY, head through PA West into OH, North into MI, then Southwest through IN and IL, then North through WI, West into MN and then Northeast back into Ontario. This route takes you past about 50 4+ rated courses, should keep you busy for about a month.

Tell ya what man. The Deer Lakes and Moraine State Park combo is awfully hard to beat. If you are coming in through Buffalo, it is a very high recommend. There are a few other respectable courses around there as well.

South out of the East end of Ontario into NY, head through PA West into OH, North into MI, then Southwest through IN and IL, then North through WI, West into MN and then Northeast back into Ontario. This route takes you past about 50 4+ rated courses, should keep you busy for about a month.

haha. I wish!

I guess it would help if I knew the geography of Canada.

He's from the province of Ontario. Here ya go.

NorthAmericaMapONT.gif

Latest posts