• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ideas for events at the meeting

jrawk

* Ace Member *
Lets start brainstorming what we want to do at these regional/national events.

• What type/style competitions? i.e. random doubles, captain and crew, etc
  • What non-disc disc golfing stuff? i.e. pot-luck lunch, trading tables, bingo

Lets start brainstorming what we want to do at these regional/national events.

• What type/style competitions? i.e. random doubles, captain and crew, etc
  • What non-disc disc golfing stuff? i.e. pot-luck lunch, trading tables, bingo

Non disc golfing stuf??? Are you crazy?

Seriously, though, since I play almost exclusively alone I wouldn't be a good judge on tpes of events. I've only ever played dubs once as some guys at VA Beach invited me along at Bayville.

We just played best shot and it was a lot of fun for me. I'd totally be interested in checking out what other options there are.

I encourage competition and fun. Some weird rules rounds would rock. Such as wood or beat disc worst disc whatever.

I'm all for food and games and the like. As well.

Depending on where we do it I may spend some time hitting up nearby courses or constantly running through the one

Non disc golfing stuf??? Are you crazy?

If its a weekend long ordeal, we gotta have some sort of social events. They will certainly be disc-themed or at least the prizes will be. :p

I know bingo sounds cheesy, but we can all donate a beat disc to the prize fund. Winners pick a disc of their choice. If we get a sponsor or two, we might have some better prizes. Maybe Tim will donate a t-shirt or two. *cough*

Maybe a beer-pong competition or corn-hole... or Texas Hold'em.

Just brainstorming.

You can play cornhole with a couple portable baskets about 35-40 ft apart. You just play 1 point metal, 3 points made basket similar to cornhole but with putts, it can be a lot of fun.

A 2 hour work party would be pretty cool. Trash & debris pickup, trimming some weeds/underbrush, etc.

A 2 hour work party would be pretty cool. Trash & debris pickup, trimming some weeds/underbrush, etc.

how about picking up trash we find along the way and leaving the landscping to the paid employees... i for one dont want to work on vacation

i once played a round where there was 7 or 8 of us and we all picked one disc and one putter....the disc we chose was placed in a backpack and before each hole you had to blindly and quickly reach in and pull one out, no feeling around...and for that hole we could only use the selected disc and our putter...it was a blast

Every day you get to play on the disc course is vacation....(but it takes a lot of work from a lot of guys; to make this so....)
A huge group helping out a course that we're playing at; for a couple of hours; simply pays back the course and the sport we love. And, a large group can get a ton done in no time. No reason beverages can't be consumed while work is going on....plus, I am sure that something could be worked out as pay back from the course for such effort.....
Fun options for disc play are practically limitless....
Perhaps our choice will even have horse shoe pits or softball field; or something extra to do as well.

I think that would be a great thing to do, working together on a course always seems to bring people together, and really gives you an appreciation of how much work really goes into building and maintaining a course. Count me in on the work party.

Every day you get to play on the disc course is vacation....(but it takes a lot of work from a lot of guys; to make this so....)
A huge group helping out a course that we're playing at; for a couple of hours; simply pays back the course and the sport we love. And, a large group can get a ton done in no time. No reason beverages can't be consumed while work is going on....plus, I am sure that something could be worked out as pay back from the course for such effort.....
Fun options for disc play are practically limitless....
Perhaps our choice will even have horse shoe pits or softball field; or something extra to do as well.

Just an observation. You're from the midwest, and craftsman is from Michigan. The guy you're arguing with is from Virginia. Quite a haul to Flip from there. A much bigger time investment.

Im sure corn-hole is a fun game but ive never heard of it and the word "cornhole" is giving me strange horrible thoughts of what this game could be. :gross::D

I would need to check it out; but I don't believe it's that much farther from Virginia to either Flip or Idlewild than it is from Wisconsin. We have a big lake in our way; and that ferry is just too damned expensive to consider as an option. I'm coming to Charlotte in March; if you're an addict; you don't mind a bit of a haul to play some of the best our sport has to offer. I am sure that those who are closer to wherever site is selected will have more asked of them; than those coming from farther away.

I would need to check it out; but I don't believe it's that much farther from Virginia to either Flip or Idlewild than it is from Wisconsin. We have a big lake in our way; and that ferry is just too damned expensive to consider as an option. I'm coming to Charlotte in March; if you're an addict; you don't mind a bit of a haul to play some of the best our sport has to offer. I am sure that those who are closer to wherever site is selected will have more asked of them; than those coming from farther away.

I suppose google could be wrong, but it said 7 hours for you and 13 for him (to flip).

hey like i said i will pick up anything i see along the way, but im not devoting vacation time to it. feel free- im not stopping you

7 vs. 13....just means you drive all night on a Friday. lol Can take me five hours to get south of Chicago; due to traffic. I certainly understand not wanting to work on vacation....but, I'll be in on the work part. Two hours is nothing....I made 5 hour trip three times last year just to get a temp course put up for a team tourney crew. This part of things is just as fun as play....if you make it so. And; you get to spend that much more time with everyone; including the local crew, that put in such an outstanding course in the first place.

Latest posts