• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ideas for events at the meeting

Once the regional dates have been set, I'll see who might be able to make the events. Might be able to get one of our 125 DGCD members at each one depending on timing and location.

If I or other experienced designers can make some of these events, we could do a designer walk-thru on a course and discuss the aspects of each hole from a design perspective highlighting the good things and maybe things that could be done differently as well or better.

I think this is a phenomenal idea.

Sounds like John Biscoe is going to do that at Hawk Hollow for the Mid-Atlantic get together.

Biscoe will have my course notes since I plan to visit VA courses in late June either side of the Super Class Nationals there on June 19-20. Looking forward to seeing those highly rated courses in the area.

Once the regional dates have been set, I'll see who might be able to make the events. Might be able to get one of our 125 DGCD members at each one depending on timing and location.

That would be very cool, I would love to compare the way I look at a course with the way someone who really knows how to design a course looks at the holes and how the land is used, I'm sure I would learn a ton.