• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idewild

TerryP

Bogey Member
So,heading to Burlington,Ky to visit aunt and uncle next week. This happens to be 1.6 miles from there house. Is it easy to find your way around by yourself. My cousin might go with me but she doesn't play,so,obviously has never been there.Thanks for any input folks.

if i remember correctly, there are a couple of almost tricky navigation points. bring a course map. they have doubles on sundays at noon.

Navigation should not be too much of a problem but it never hurts to have a course map. If your cousin is thinking of trying to play you should take her to Boone Woods which is probably just as close and is much easier. Also make sure to get in a round at Lincoln Ridge, as a course I thought it was a lot more fun than Idlewild but not as challenging, plus it is 24 holes.

They're in the process of adding 6 more holes to Idlewild, most of them after hole 2 on the other side of the lake. According the Cincinnati disc golf website there's still work to do on them so they won't be ready for the KY State Championship on April 23. Not sure when they'll be done but I'm sure we'll hear about it here when they are.

Also,is there a disc golf store anywhere in the area? There isn't one here in Evansville,and I'm tired of looking online. I want to hold a disc in my hand before I buy it,and haven't been able to do that for a couple years.

Also,is there a disc golf store anywhere in the area? There isn't one here in Evansville,and I'm tired of looking online. I want to hold a disc in my hand before I buy it,and haven't been able to do that for a couple years.

Disc N Dat has a great selection and is located in Florence on the way to Lincoln Ridge. Here's a link to their store: discndatonline.com

There's also a couple stores between Evansville and Northern Kentucky but they're a bit out of your way.

River Town Spirits in Brandenburg, KY (between Otter Creek and Meade-Olin) has an excellent selection and Eddie, the owner of the store, is a big golfer and a one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Derby City Discs in Louisville, KY (between Iroqouis and Charlie Vettiner) also has a great selection.