• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idlewild upgrades and additions...

Weather hardly slows me down, just hoping for no snow cover.. Discdognation (ChrisE) and I are gonna get our disc golf in no matter... How is Boone, and A J Jolly, right now?
Would like to get up to Mt Airy also, wish I had more time..

Weather hardly slows me down, just hoping for no snow cover.. Discdognation (ChrisE) and I are gonna get our disc golf in no matter... How is Boone, and A J Jolly, right now?
Would like to get up to Mt Airy also, wish I had more time..
If we start early we can get Airy in then head over to Banclick with a lunch break on the way ... but that's a bit of a drive for you anyway. So we can hit Banclick and AJ Jolly ... I really dont care ...

looks like it might be a little cold now though :)

Just sayin ...

you going to Florida for the Quad ? Gary, Mike and I plan on golfing Monday after the competition down in plant city ....

This thread doesn't really pertain to me, but I figured I'd get in on the flying dog avatar party :D

Have fun at Idlewild, love that place, nice to see the improvements happening.

It's not supposed to get above freezing until Sunday I think. No accumulation of snow is expected atm. At least the courses won't be muddy!

Boone was swampy but playable last week for the Ice Bowl. It was also in the low 60's so it was expected.

I'd say everything in the area should be playable.

I enjoy winter golf. Different landscape and the courses are usually crowd free. Hope you guys have a good time.

773698_10151444358761340_917471777_o.jpg

Posted by the Nati on fbook!

You can see a pic on the Nati disc golf facebook page of the color of baskets at Idlewild. Neon yellow. Wanted to get them in by the weekend but MLK birthday wrecked the plans. Park dept was off Monday

That color looks too good to be true. Is that a photo-shop job or the real deal? Hopefully it's real! :clap:

Hey Fred, any way to throw a blanket on those at night? That's so bright it's keeping me up at night. And I live in Eastgate! :D

Totally kidding. Those look AWESOME! Nice job! :thmbup:

yeah love to look through the woods and see the kryptonite colors shine back at me...

It looks like the baskets won't be ready till later next week. Hoping to have them up by February 2nd. I will keep you posted. Thanks for your patience.

That color looks too good to be true. Is that a photo-shop job or the real deal? Hopefully it's real! :clap:

I confirmed today that's real and not photo shopped. The only basket in at Idlewild at the moment.

fyi: Fred Salaz just posted this on the GCFDA Forum: "Baskets should be in by this weekend. Enjoy!" :thmbup:

Probably heading out for a snow round today. Couple inches of fresh powder and some bright yellow baskets. :thmbup:

Decided to snap some pictures during a nice snowy winter day. Idlewild is pretty fun this time of year. Enzy, Tucker33, and myself meet up for an afternoon round.

Enzy cleaning up hole 3.
picture.php

Hole 4's approach to the long basket.
picture.php

Enzy in the background and Tucker33 up close walking across 5's initial landing zone.
picture.php

Basket on 8.
picture.php

Cleaning off hole 9's teepad.
picture.php

Hole 7's green.
picture.php

Tucker33 saving par on 12.
picture.php

Prepping the KY Gap. (Hole 11.)
picture.php

Myself driving on 15.
picture.php

Enzy on 16.
picture.php

Since his name is on the adopt-a-hole, I handed Enzy the broom on 18.
picture.php

Very Nice Pics, and I'm sure the guys out there for doubles tomorrow will appreciate the tees having been swept today, even if there's a dusting overnight. Thanks! :clap: