• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If I really only use about 6 or 7 discs...

homebrew

Eagle Member
...then why do I fell the need to buy them by the dozen?! :)

Seriously, it seems like I must try every disc out there, and when I find ones I like, I must have 5 or 6 of each. Actually, it's pretty fun to trade with people- exchange for what we both need, and meet new DGers at the same time.

Dude...I feel you.

You don't even KNOW.

I played my first ever game of DG on August 24th. That means on Xmas eve I'll have been playing for a total of 4 months. I got my first starter disc set on that date.

I've got...80 discs? My dad has 20? And he started a few weeks after me...

\/\/

I always told myself that I would fill up my disc bag with discs that I need/want, and then go on the maintenance plan, only buying discs as replacements as needed. That lasted for a while, but I've recently started feeling the need to collect discs, some new ones to try and some for back-ups. I think it's becoming an addiction.

What the hell do you need 80 discs for?1!?!?!?!? You probably only use 10 of them at most!!!!!

Once you've been playing long enough and you've tried out discs, you start to learn that you only use a certain few. Once you figure that out you can spend money on discs that you know work for you, rather than playing the guessing game. I say this because I was the same way where I kept getting new ones and trading them if I didn't use them as much but now I'm starting to see the ones I do like and I like having backups that are beat in differently. For example, I have 2 ESP Forces from discraft. Both go far and predictably left but one will hold a straighter line for a little longer. It basically just reduces the complexity of your game which is valuable when your just starting out. For now I'd say just keep trying things out to find out what you like but keep in mind that it's better to have 1 disc you use for multiple shots than trying to decide on 8 different discs for 1 kind of shot.

Last edited:
i have too many myself

lol i bet this is a common problem among DGers! luckily it's a problem we love to have. I ordered 2 10 packs of the misprints, and still couldn't help grabbing a few more discs the other day when I was at Academy sports before the pack arrived! :doh:

ive played a little over a year..so i feel that ive only scratched the surface. i usually throw 2 off the tee.. my trusted disc and something new to try out.

Totally. I realize that it's somewhat beneficial to throw a handful of discs, but it's also pretty cool to see firsthand how each flies. Plus, discs are cool.

@Nick- that's a good way to think about it. Great explanation.

I just keep telling myself this is much better than ball golf - with greens fees and carts, the money really adds up. I can feed this addiction relatively cheap.

I think this is very true. I am new to DG this year (playin since march '09) and I have bought many to see what different discs will do. I give all discs a good chance, I will make a point to use it even when I have a disc that may fit that shot better, just to see what I can do with it.

If a disc doesn't work for me, I'll trade it off for either back ups of stuff I use or something new. I have my bag pretty much set right now, I have understable,stable, overstable drivers, midranges, and a set putter.

I currently own 23 discs: 13 in the bag 10 are back up/ practice discs. I like having extras so I can practice in the field with 'em. I think I'm safe for now on buying more discs....until Lat 64 finally ships their goldline strikers...

Once you've been playing long enough and you've tried out discs, you start to learn that you only use a certain few. Once you figure that out you can spend money on discs that you know work for you, rather than playing the guessing game. I say this because I was the same way where I kept getting new ones and trading them if I didn't use them as much but now I'm starting to see the ones I do like and I like having backups that are beat in differently. For example, I have 2 ESP Forces from discraft. Both go far and predictably left but one will hold a straighter line for a little longer. It basically just reduces the complexity of your game which is valuable when your just starting out. For now I'd say just keep trying things out to find out what you like but keep in mind that it's better to have 1 disc you use for multiple shots than trying to decide on 8 different discs for 1 kind of shot.

If anybody has an oddball fetish contact me and I can help your addiction for much cheaper than retail.

Oh some gateway, some latitude, some quest, some daredevil, some millennium, some innova, some discraft....you know...everything....

dsc09821.jpg