• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you could change anything about disc golf...

A better catching devise. No other sport (that I can think of) has such an inconsistent luck factor when it comes to the goal.

I would turn the disc into a ball and use a club, of sorts, to hit the ball. The object wouldn't be to get the ball in a hole , per say, but to see if you can hit the back of Three Putt's head.

That would be a gamechanger.

mashnut is right, people would stop playing pdga's by the masses if you made all Am's play one big division.

...and it is illegal to smoke marijuana on the course

Statistically, a player with a rating 50 points below another will beat them in one round every so often, less often in two rounds and almost never in 3 or 4 round events. That's why you see many players playing in Open during league versus events plus the cost per round is cheaper in leagues. If you want bigger fields in Open, have one round events with high entry fees like $30-$50 (and added cash) and then lower the entry fee the more rounds in an event instead of how it's done now.

I really hate that people think I'm a stoner because I play disc golf. That REALLY gets on my nerves. I hate that our sport has that kind of image. So I guess I'd want that image erased.

Statistically, a player with a rating 50 points below another will beat them in one round every so often, less often in two rounds and almost never in 3 or 4 round events. That's why you see many players playing in Open during league versus events plus the cost per round is cheaper in leagues. If you want bigger fields in Open, have one round events with high entry fees like $30-$50 (and added cash) and then lower the entry fee the more rounds in an event instead of how it's done now.

So have two or three different open rounds with different winners and some sort of incentive for an overall win?

A better catching devise. No other sport (that I can think of) has such an inconsistent luck factor when it comes to the goal.

THIS! I was just talking about this last night at a mini. Disc golf is the only sport where a perfect shot isn't always good enough. Blows my mind.

So have two or three different open rounds with different winners and some sort of incentive for an overall win?
Yep. Or just a one round event on Sat and one on Sun on a really tough course (SSA>62) so players get their money's worth.

Yep. Or just a one round event on Sat and one on Sun on a really tough course (SSA>62) so players get their money's worth.

I think this idea would keep alot of local and touring pros happy also. Most likely keep bad round DNFs down and alot of locals could bank on hot round wins that they know they can shoot.

As evidenced by other threads....

I'd change how white this sport is. We need to broaden the culture of DG.

THIS! I was just talking about this last night at a mini. Disc golf is the only sport where a perfect shot isn't always good enough. Blows my mind.

It obviously wasn't perfect then... A better catching devise is needed. I'd love to shoot on the Discatcher 28s and the Vortexes to see how well they catch.

I'm surprised no one has said DG to be an Olympic sport yet, with them just ending and all... So I guess I'll be the first.

I'd make Disc Golf to be an Olympic sport!

I would allow wedgies....disc stuck in the basket, not giving wedgies to morons who refuse to wear sleeves and yell "DOMINATE" when they drive their disc 220 feet.

It obviously wasn't perfect then... A better catching devise is needed. I'd love to shoot on the Discatcher 28s and the Vortexes to see how well they catch.

I'm surprised no one has said DG to be an Olympic sport yet, with them just ending and all... So I guess I'll be the first.

I'd make Disc Golf to be an Olympic sport!

When the disc hits dead center chains on a 20' putt and pops out when it hits the basket (the part that is SUPPOSED to hold the disc in) I would consider that a perfect shot not being good enough.

per·fect
excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement
entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings

Obvious there was room for improvement/a flaw. Could have been softer, slight off center, hyzered/anhyzered. A PERFECT putt will go in, every time.

"Perfect" shots lip out in basketball. "Perfect" putts lip out in golf all the time, to players MUCH better than me. Imperfection is part of life.

If I could change something about disc golf, it would be the number of courses within 20 miles of me (currently 0).

per·fect
excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement
entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings

Obvious there was room for improvement/a flaw. Could have been softer, slight off center, hyzered/anhyzered. A PERFECT putt will go in, every time.

You're wrong.