• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you could only carry three drivers...

What weight? I thought I loved my z and cryztal ss until I got a 169. Now that's love. No anhyzer even needed, just throw straight and let the disc do all the work.

I have a beat in 172. I throw it with a little hyzer and it goes forever . That disc has terrific glide.

star boss-big flex hyzer distance shots
z nuke-distance anni shots
champ monster-flippy woods shots

Echo star destroyer- long straight nice fade
Dx Beast- nice "S" will always turn hard
Champ Starfire- for windy days when i need the long dist. control

Three drivers lets see...LHBH...

1. Stalker, not super versatile but it excels at tight hyzer flips and line-drives shots out to 325' or so.

2. PD, I put a lotta mustard on it out to 400' or I can power and it down and get a straight, predictable shot to 350' Every. Single. Time.

3. Destroyer, this was an 'instance distance' disc for me it's at least 25' longer than my next longest disc. The Pro version is plenty stable for me plus all the extra glide *drool* Wish I had the opportunity to throw them more.

The first two in my bag would be a Valkyrie and a Teebird. After that I would have to choose whether I want something like a Cyclone or something like a Surge or a Katana. That would probably depend on the course.

Gateway Illusion - Over stable
Millennium Polaris LS - Stable
Inova Archangle - Under stable

All in 150g. All in base plastic. (Although I have the Polaris in Sirius.)

I only carry 5 anyway.

I would carry:

Z Surge (Distance)
Z Stalker
Pro Tl (worn for turnovers)

That's pretty much all I use usually anyway. I carry a Z Force for wind distance and a Z Pred for spike hyzers/utility but I don't need them often.

Beat in Star Destroyer for distance and fade
Z Stalker for low straight shots
Star Leopard for annys and rollers

The problem with this concept is that I would normally carry five or six, so if i had to narrow it down to three, it would be drivers that may not necessarily make it into my normal, bigger rotation. With that being said, here are the three I wold carry:

178 Gold Line River. Stable enough for a level straight shot or mild turn over fairway shots. This disc would be used the most.

175 Champion Firebird. It can handle thumbers, hard anhyzer angles finishing flat, and head shots that need a strong finish.

170 Echo Star Boss. It has been beaten in enough to track right if I need it to but has enough stability to go anywhere I want for maximum distance.

Latest posts